Skills: Manufacturing Engineering, Electrical Technician
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Responsible for fabricating and assembling electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies, including: soldering various electrical connectors, point-to-point wiring of circuit boards, fabricating brackets and mounts, and testing of completed assemblies.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Solders electrical connectors, wire connection points, and electronic components. Must be skilled in preventing cold solder joints on all applicable connection points.
- Has working knowledge of reading an electrical or electronic wiring diagrams or schematics.
- Must be proficient at operating a digital multi-meter.
- Mechanically inclined to drill and tap, cuts material on a band saw, builds brackets, and mount components.
- Must be able to run Windows programs to set up various pieces of equipment.
- Performs repairs or refurbishes electronic or electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Knowledge of basic computer skills.
- Maintains records in accordance with shop standards.
- Overtime may be required to meet production schedule.
- Follows and promotes HSE as well as company safety policies and procedures.
- Contributes to continuous quantity improvement activities in the area.
- Production schedule may require work in other areas of manufacturing.
- High school graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- Two (2) years of formal electronic and electronics training or 2 years on the job experience; or any combination of experience and education in which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities are achieved.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of appropriate steps to analytical problem solving.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goals.
- Treats others fairly and with respect.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Seeks out new learning experiences.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
This position is considered SHOP/INDOORS WORK which is characterized as follows:
- Primarily indoors during the day and occasionally at night.
- Frequently works on or near moving equipment and vibrating equipment.
- When outdoors, humidity is frequently above 90%.
- Noise is over 85 decibels.
- Light is intense/glaring.
- Occasional exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Frequent exposure to airborne dust, fumes, and gases.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered MEDIUM work.
- Lifts 20-50 pounds.
- Work sin confined spaces, kneels, jumps, runs, works while lying on stomach/back, crawls, and uses repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Identifies color differences.
- Wears PPE for skin protection.
- Lifts 10-25 pounds.
- Climbs stairs/ladders, stands, balances, stoops, squats, reaches, and lifts/carries objects.
- Twists body, sits with back supported, head forward/flexed, head tilted/rotated, and works with arms extended overhead.
- Operates a motor vehicle.
- Lifts up to 10 pounds.
- Wears PPE protection for body, vision, and hearing protection.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.