Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH). Position Summary
The Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) division is looking for a self-motivated, experienced, and talented software engineer to oversee the software development activities for a group of software engineers embedded at a customer site. The successful candidate will be responsible for the overall architecture and upkeep of a suite of software utilized by the customer to perform various analysis related tasks. Duties & Responsibilities
- Assist in the development of high quality software systems utilizing an array of technologies
- Responsible for all phases of the software development life cycle
- Create and maintain software documentation such as: verification procedures, requirement specifications, interface control documents, testing reports, etc.
- Work as part of a team to meet customer requirements
- Dedicated to learning new software languages, architectures, and tools
- Willing to stretch beyond their experience and to take risks to achieve objectives
- Understand, explain, and seek ways to improve existing toolsets to gain processing efficiencies, better quality, and broader reach
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's with 4 or more years' experience, Masters with 2 or more years' experience or Doctorate with experience.
Bachelor, Master, or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position requires an active TS/SCI U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship
- 3+ years' experience with C# or C++
- 3+ years' experience with enterprise databases such as Oracle RDBMS or Microsoft SQL server
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in object oriented design, implementation, and test
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience in software architecture and design of complex systems
- Experience leading a team of software engineers
- Comfortable configuring, developing, and debugging on the Windows operating system
- Experience with Visual Studio
- Solid understanding of computer networking and security concepts
- Experience with implementing the software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Experience developing with ESRI ARCGIS libraries
- Experience with web-based development
- Proficiency in UML modeling, test-driven development, agile processes, or DevOps tools
- Experience with Wireshark or other network packet analysis software
- Understanding of more advanced networking involving switches, routers, firewalls, etc.
- Familiarity with cryptography and underlying algorithms
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.