Skills: Mechanical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH).
The Project Engineer has mastery of at least one core engineering principle and advanced knowledge of related engineering fields. The Project Engineer independently directs and technically manages engineering and design activities under the guidance of a Project Manager, and is responsible for tracking progress and technical adequacy of the design solution. The Project Engineer interacts with all OTECH departments as necessary to provide engineering support to OTECH manufacturing, integration, and test activities, and provides work leadership for lower level employees. The industrial equivalent of the Project Engineer is a Lever 4.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and apply advanced engineering analytical and design methods, theories and research techniques, to complex engineering projects.
- Coordinate and supervise an interdisciplinary design team of engineers, designers, drafters, technical writers, and technicians.
- Review progress and evaluate results of work accomplished by self and others.
- Technically manage projects of moderate scope.
- Estimate resource requirements to meet technical and scheduling objectives.
- Review and approve the completion and implementation of technical products to meet the customer requirements.
- Demonstrate excellent technical judgment, independent evaluation and innovative solutions to problems.
- Write test procedures, conduct tests, compile and evaluate test data, and complete required documentation.
- Interact with customer representatives to define and manage customer expectations.
- Participate in Technical Working Groups to assess and improve ADTECH processes and capabilities.
- Assist in bid and proposal efforts by providing cost estimations, technical approach definitions, and input to baseline schedule data.
- Domestic and international travel, including shipboard operations.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical or Ocean Engineering, from an accredited institution.
- 5-10 years of practical technical experience in the engineering process, including concept development, analysis, design, drawing, integration and testing of complex mechanical and/or ocean deployed systems.
- 2 or more years of management experience leading multidisciplinary design teams.
- Responsible for producing significant portions of individual project mechanical designs
- Demonstrated ability to lead technical groups and interact with customer representatives.
- Proficiency in the application of current engineering software (i.e. SolidWorks, Matlab, etc), and Microsoft Office
- Able to apply an advanced knowledge of the principles, practices and procedures of mechanical engineering and an understanding of related engineering fields.
- Work closely with electrical, software, and systems engineers, as well as other cooperative disciplines, to solve problems and constructively architect a working system.
- Responsible and accountable for your results, working with considerable autonomy, but also knowing when to ask for assistance.
- Ability to obtain a United States Government Department of Defense Security Clearance (active clearances preferred, but not prerequisite)
- Desire to stretch and expand your talents, expertise, competency, and responsibilities.
- Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Ocean Engineering or a related field, from an accredited institution.
- Exercise excellent technical judgement, creativity, and initiative with attention to detail consistently throughout your work product, with awareness of the "system" perspective.
- Strong communication, organizational and technical writing skills, including ability to effectively document, convey, and present engineering concepts and products to team members and customers.
- Knowledge and/or experience in the marine industry, fielding Ship Board systems and associated technologies.
- Hands-on abilities for assembling mechanical components.
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.