Skills: IT - Sys Admin & Support
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The SharePoint Administrator will provide intermediate level architecture, design, support, administration, configuration, and development of SharePoint sites. This includes intranet and internet portals, extranets, and team sites. The administrator will also be responsible for the development of training materials, managing SharePoint governance, and for mentoring other technical staff and site managers. This includes documenting requirements as well as creating functional and technical specifications, test plans, and system and user documentation. The candidate will also recommend updates and enhancements to SharePoint sites along with any related tools and supplemental web parts used throughout the production life cycle.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports, configures, and develops the SharePoint environments.
- Maintains and administers SharePoint services, including search, content hub, user profile and excel services.
- Develops, configures and maintains document libraries, enterprise lists and site collections.
- Manages SharePoint end user accounts, permissions and access rights in accordance with best-practices regarding privacy and security.
- Ability to maintain and manage SharePoint Search Administration.
- Supports end users with all SharePoint related issues.
- Develops training materials and provides training to users with varying levels of skills.
- Analyzes and assesses existing business systems and procedures.
- Assists in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverable, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with users, stakeholders, and customers.
- Tests recommended emerging SharePoint and application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts.
- Assists with efficient implementation of new software products, tools or systems and for resolution of any adaptation issues.
- Assists with software improvements and upgrades.
- Comfortable making group policy and registry changes/implementations and other related security changes as needed.
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving problems with SharePoint framework, sites, and information.
- Enhances SharePoint functionality and/or performance as necessary.
- Generates website statistics and reports as needed, using custom or packaged tools.
- Develops and maintains user and technical manuals and guidelines.
- Works with desktop support staff on deployment of necessary end user software.
- Reviews internal critical security vulnerability reports for action.
- Monitors and completes requests and incident resolution via SharePoint Help Desk ticketing system.
- Perform Daily, Weekly and Monthly administrative task to keep SharePoint healthy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree with preferred study in information technology, computer science, business or equivalent experience and certifications.
- 5+ years of Microsoft SharePoint Online / O365 administration or design experience.
- 10+ years total IT experience.
- Microsoft Certified System Engineer and/or Microsoft Certified Exchange System Administrator.
- Ability to run and/or write or modify PowerShell scripts.
- 5 years' experience in Microsoft Active Directory.
- 5 years' experience in Microsoft SQL.
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Server operating systems and Active Directory. Experience with HP Intel x86 Servers, Windows Server.
- Ability to work within an Active Directory Cross Domain Environment.
- Experience in training and/or teaching software applications is a plus. Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.