Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Panama City, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Perform purchasing and administrative tasks in support of MRO and small project needs at umbilical manufacturing facility.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Processes requisitions prepared and approved by others in the PeopleSoft business system.
- Understand and communicate data to prepare, issue, and review "Request For Quotations.
- Award purchase orders as instructed, to competent and approved suppliers.
- Prepare and maintain department reports for monthly review as instructed by others,
- Creates and/or enters purchase orders into the PeopleSoft business system
- Manage orders and delivery from approved suppliers and source alternative vendors when needed.
- Distributes documentation to and from in house departments.
- Develop a good working relationship with internal customers, like maintenance department personnel, to better understand their needs.
- Be flexible to change priorities based on business need.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelors degree is highly preferred and required for upward mobility in the purchasing department.
- At least 5 years of experience working an a support role where work is directed by others and requires independent decision making to complete tasks.
- Good working knowledge of Peoplesoft or other ERP systems. Knowledge of purchasing process for SDS-P desired
- Must be able to obtain a TWIC (Transportation Workers Identification Card) to access facility on Port of Panama City.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.