Skills: Planner / Scheduler
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage the planning, cost and schedule execution of assigned products using existing software systems.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages item master attribute data to create a time phased material plan that supports the master schedule and inventory investment objectives.
- Proactively identifies, communicates and mitigates schedule execution issues. Facilitates resolution of cross functional issues as appropriate.
- Manages PIDs from creation through financial closure. Works with purchasing and manufacturing to determine when to release new PIDs.
- Ensures timely and accurate implementation of ECOs.
- Ensures the data integrity of the ERP system, including but not limited to item master attribute and PID data.
- Interacts closely with production control to ensure accurate information resides in PID packets on shop floor.
- Works closely with manufacturing floor, production control, and manufacturing engineering to determine and implement appropriate work center and router set up.
- Works with manufacturing, cost accounting, and purchasing to understand and report PID cost variances. Reports variances to management as required.
- Proactively interacts with engineering, purchasing, production control, and manufacturing to ensure effective communication and execution of master schedule.
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment, observes and follows safety policies, wears appropriate and prescribed personal protective equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree plus three years related experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of MS Office.
- Working knowledge of Peoplesoft or similar business management software.
- Understanding of ERP and MRP logic and inventory management.
- Supply chain or technical degree.
- CPIM cerification.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Knowledge of negotiation techniques. Skill to gather, analyze and interpret data.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.