Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
This three year rotation gives accounting and finance graduates the opportunity to be part of a company that thrives on finding creative solutions for complex challenges subsea, on land, and in space. Graduates will have the opportunity to work in various service lines and or corporate related accounting functions over a three year period. Potential area of focus includes but not limited to project cost analysis, financial planning and analysis, internal audit, credit and tax. After three years, successful rotational candidates will be assigned a finance and accounting position within one of our services lines or corporate related functions. Accountant assists with the month-end closing process, including journal entries, account reconciliations, SOX controls, direct and indirect cost analysis, credit analysis and other duties required by the business unit controller or shared service leader.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with manager to maintain accurate project costs and ensures accurate estimates at completion.
- Under the direction of the controller, analyzes project contracts to ensure proper revenue recognition.
- Prepares month end journal entries by project for monthly financial closing.
- Works within and maintains the company's internal control policies.
- Maintains and analyzes budgets, prepares periodic reports that compare budgeted costs to actual costs, reports variances to leadership.
- Reviews balance sheet and expense accounts for accuracy.
- Works with local controllers and analysts to prepare inter-company transactions/revenue transfers as needed.
- Assists controller/shared service leader in the review, investigation, and correction of errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Assists controller/shared service leader in preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and fluctuation analysis as required.
- Assists with overall business units forecasting and analysis as needed.
- Helps prepare monthly management reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or in Finance with a minor in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years' experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Project cost accounting experience.
- General ledger or cost accounting experience.
- Inter-company accounting experience.
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Peoplesoft experience
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.