Skills: Business Analyst, IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Software Development
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Solutions Analyst II is responsible for supporting the use, configuration, and day to day operation of Supply Chain solutions across all business units. They will work closely with IT management and Corporate Supply Chain Management to identify, develop, deploy and support solutions that leverage best practices and streamline and/or improve the efficiency of Supply Chain operations.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Experience developing, deploying and supporting HighJump barcode scanning and integration to PeopleSoft Inventory.
- Provide global functional support to end users. Interface with the Business to resolve purchasing and inventory application related issues including data quality and system performance.
- Propose "best practices" and standards to correct and improve business processes as related to responsible modules.
- Proactively engage the purchasing and inventory business units to learn what they do; what is important to them; and the challenges that confront them. Understand existing technical capabilities both internally and externally available and adapt to Oceaneering applicability.
- Create and suggest workarounds for issues while waiting for fixes.
- Design, configure, test, document, and deploy solutions to meet business requirements (including creating functional specifications).
- Participate in functional group and project meetings.
- Interact and work with other team members cross-departmentally.
- Exhibit business and systems analysis knowledge.
- Work with other analysts to coordinate the production support, configuration, setup, maintenance, customizations and enhancements of Supply Chain applications to Oceaneering specifications.
- Contribute as a team member on system upgrades (manage module(s) regression testing)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent education and experience.
- 3 years of related experience working with Supply Chain systems and using PeopleSoft or other large enterprise systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.