Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH) performs a wide range of engineering services and products for unique marine systems for military and commercial customers. OTECH innovates wherever practical rather than inventing making it "faster to field" than others in its industry; the typical development/delivery cycle for complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical systems is often completed in 12-15 months. Technical capabilities span the entire engineering spectrum. These skills have been demonstrated in successfully delivered systems, including Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROVs); Autonomous Underwater Vehicles (AUVs); saturation diving systems; surface and sub-surface vehicle launch and recovery systems; advanced offshore cranes; and life support systems.
For more information please go to www.oceaneering.com and click on Products & Services, then click Oceaneering Technologies (OTECH). Position Summary
The Principal Systems Engineer provides overall guidance to OTECH programs by applying advanced technical knowledge to OTECH's engineering and design activities. Provides technical guidance and recommendations to Program Managers and teams of engineers. Duties & Responsibilities
- Shall perform analysis of user requirements, concept of operations documents, and high level system architectures to develop system requirements specifications.
- Analyzes system requirements and leads design and development activities. Guides users in formulating requirements, advises alternative approaches, and conducts feasibility studies.
- Provides technical leadership for the integration of requirements, design, and technology, incorporate new plans, designs, and systems into ongoing operations. Develops technical documentation, system architecture, and system design documentation.
- Guides system development and implementation planning through assessment or preparation of system engineering management plans and system integration and test plans and procedures.
- Takes an active leadership role in bid and proposal efforts including cost estimating, technical approach definition, and input to baseline schedule data.
- Provides leadership and technical oversight to a myriad of ADTECH technical working groups, including assessing and improving ADTECH processes and capabilities.
- Some travel may be required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- May supervise engineers on specific projects.
- Plans, organizes, and supervises an inter-disciplinary staff of engineers, drafters, and technicians performing a variety of projects.
- Evaluates staff progress and results obtained.
- BS degree in electrical, computer, mechanical or systems engineering.
- Master's degree in systems engineering preferred.
- INCOSE/CSEP/ESEP Certificate required.
- Minimum 20 years of practical experience in systems engineering.
- Three or more years of management experience leading multidisciplinary design teams.
- Minimum 16 years of experience with:
- contributing to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents.
- managing system requirements and derived requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architectures, including Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DoDAF and Service-oriented Architecture (SOA).
- assisting with the development of system requirements, functional requirements, and allocation of the same to individual hardware, software, facility, and personnel components.
- participating in the development of system engineering documentation, including system engineering plans, initial capabilities documents, requirements specifications, and interface control documents.
- system requirements and stakeholder needs, including functions that may be logically inferred and implied, as essential to system effectiveness.
- Working knowledge with an SEDB tool (CRADLE, DOORS etc).
- 5 Years of experience at the design engineering level.
- Candidate will have to perform in an ISO-9000 rated company in a rapidly changing and demanding atmosphere.
- US citizen, Must be able to obtain security clearance.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Strong working knowledge of ERP/MRP systems. PeopleSoft knowledge preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Master's degree in related field.
- Work experience with US Department of Defense.
- May be widely recognized for achievements, technical expertise, and professional standing within selected field.
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.