Skills: HR - Trainer / Instructor
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Business Unit (BU) Training Manager will develop & implement processes to ensure the BU's workforce has the knowledge, skills and overall competency to meet our current & future business needs. Assist in the development and maintenance of global Oceaneering training, competency, mentoring, and talent development processes while ensuring effective implementation within the BU.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs gap analysis to identify the current status vs. the required regulatory, client and Oceaneering's standard training and competency processes.
- Identifies one off systems to standardize processes based on agreed upon Oceaneering's global training standards and approaches.
- Works with the BU to develop a personnel status and demand model and adjust training accordingly.
- Assesses existing training programs and recommend methods to improve efficiency while enhancing learning capabilities.
- Implements the competency management system and ensures data is available to assess knowledge, skills, and abilities of operators.
- Provides the BU's operations personnel with the analytics to implement the competency process.
- Assists the BU in utilizing the overall training and competency process to manage the workforce, design crews, staff projects, etc.
- Analyzes & acts upon feedback from data analysis pertaining to class content, effectiveness, value etc.
- Ensures training programs include education, training and skills competency required for employee development and learning.
- Understands what the BU's regulatory and Customer requirements are and how they may impact the operations and related training.
- Supports CQI teams throughout the BU.
- Required to travel internationally between all BU offices/locations.
- Other duties as assigned
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- Minimum three (3) years of training management experience preferably in the oilfield or related industry.
- Must be able to obtain a valid passport and visa (where appropriate) and be willing and able to travel domestically and internationally as required.
- Bachelor's degree in Training or Management field preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Familiar with current learning and performance improvement industry standards, approaches, and innovations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Balances team and individual responsibilities.
- Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Sets expectations and monitors delegated activities.
- Accepts feedback from others and gives appropriate recognition to others.
- Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement.
- Conserves organizational resources.
- Upholds organizational values.
- Includes appropriate people in decision-making process and makes timely decisions.
- Manages competing demands.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.