Skills: Technical Manager, Maintenance Engineer
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
AUV Offshore Technical Specialist EE-1 primary duty will be as the in the field electrical engineer for troubleshooting of AUV and other electrical equipment offshore.
The position of AUV Offshore Technical Manager exists for the purpose of carrying out required tasks in the field for AUV survey projects, as requested by manager, AUV Offshore Manager and Reliabillity and Maintenance Manger for the survey project's AUV activities. This position is responsible for assuring the AUV and related survey equipment is maintaned and ready for field utilization at all times. In addition this position shall make sure all tasks are performed efficiently, responsibly and in accordance with safe work procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain AUV and related equipment to minimize downtime
- Coordinating and communicating with AUV Offshore Technical Manager
- Working with AUV Offshore Manager, AUV Offshore Techical Manager, Reliability and Maintenance Manager and AUV Operations Manager to ensure AUV reliability and project success
- Managing and carrying out specific job tasks as requested by AUV Offshore Technical Manager
- Responsible for care, maintenance and inventory of company equipment, specifically AUV and associated electrical equipment
- Responsible for daily communication and planning of AUV maintenance with AUV O/S Manager and AUV O/S Technical Manager
- Comply with company safety rules and training, conduct operations safely and report any unsafe condition or practices immediately to his/her supervisor
- Assist new and fellow employees in performing their work in accordance with safe work procedures
- Participate in daily Job Safety Analysis (JSEA), Safety Toolbox Meetings, etc.
- Assisting with and maintaining reports
- Understanding of AUV technical operations
- All other duties assigned
- 2 year Degree in Electrical Engineering or other closely related Engineering field
- Must be proficient with with mechanical and electrical equipment
- Must have valid driver's license and suitable driving record that is able to meet company driver requirements
- Current security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance
- 4 year Degree in Electrical Engineering or other closely related Engineering field
This position is considered OFFSHORE which is characterized as follows.
- Outdoors and indoors, day and night, as well as over/near water.
- Requires working on or near moving and vibrating equipment.
- Frequently the humidity is above 90%, noise is over 85db and the light is intense/glare.
- Potential exposure to open fire/flames/sparks.
- Constant exposure to airborne dust, fumes and gases.
- Work surface is stable, height is elevated.Physical Activity/Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is considered HEAVY work.
- Lift 50-100 pounds
- Sit, twist, crawl, climb stairs/ ladders, and use repetitive movements of the arms and hands.
- Operate small water vessel or ATV
- Lift 25-50 pounds
- Wear PPE for head, hands
Balance, stoop, kneel, squat, crouch, reach with hands and arms, and lift/carry objects, handle or feel.
- Differentiate between colors
Operate a motor vehicle
- Lift 10-20 pounds
Standing and walking
- Wear PPE for body, vision, and hearing protection
- Close vision ability and ability to adjust focus
- Hearing all ranges
- Wear steel toed shoes/ boots
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.