Skills: IT - Networking & Telecom
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Network Engineer is primarily responsible for working on projects related to network either new or existing architecture and will be responsible for end to end implementations in addition to support our Global Operations Center, i.e., to make sure the production network is up and running, configurations and change management, responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of the network globally for us and customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and deploy functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN)
- Design & implement network layouts, configurations and deployment plans in addition to recommending required hardware/software for such plans
- Ensure all network equipment configurations are maintained and audited. Ensure that where applicable appropriate access controls are enforced through firewall policies.
- Coordinates with service providers and vendors to ensure communication services are turned-up
- Plan and implement new site network designs and work on projects independently
- Create and maintain comprehensive documentation to include network diagrams, configuration templates, and network policies relating to change management
- Lead network activity for mobilizations and demobilization's while updating all documentation and systems pertaining to defined activity
- Participate in project planning activities
- Available to travel domestic and international up to 20%
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent education and experience, and five years working on Data, Wireless and Security technologies including all levels of LAN, WAN, Voice, and Security technologies.
- CCNP or able to obtain
- 10+ years' experience directly working with customer and client technical teams
- Minimum 10 years designing wireless networks for WAN and LAN solutions
- Minimum 10 years in IPv4 and IPv6 subnetting and routing
- Minimum 10 years designing global call routing with on Cisco VG, CME, CUE, and CCM.
- TCP/IP network protocols following the OSI model
- Cisco ASA Firewall with working knowledge of DMZ design and security best practices
- Wireless design typically gained from past experiences with the Cisco product line
- Configuring and troubleshooting GRE/IPSEC in a dynamic VPN environment
- QOS policies across the Enterprise for Data, Voice and Video solutions
- Cisco CME, CUE, SIP, SCCP, Telephony services, Voice Codec's, and Translation patterns
- Routing protocols such as EIGRP, BGP, RIPv2, OSPF, PFRv3 and Static routing protocols while using IPSLA
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.