Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Survey Data Analyst is responsible for data processing and analysis activities required for job preparation, field support, office QC, final reporting QC, final deliverable QC, and project closing out activities assigned by Project Management. This position operates personal computers with appropriate software programs to support data processing and analysis tasks. This position interfaces closely with the GIS and Project Management teams to support a range of survey efforts, mapping and deliverables.
Everyday activities will include, but not limited to, data processing and analysis support for: Surface navigation setup and calibration (DGPS, Vessel Offsets, Gyro, and MRU), sub-surface navigation setup, calibration and data acquisition (USBL, LBL, and INS), spool and jumper metrology (LBL, Subsea LIDAR, Inertial) and pipeline surveys (as-laid, as-built, pipeline scanning, out of straightness).
Involvement with and support of the company's competency, HSE and quality programs is expected.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Attention to detail.
- Timely and diligent execution of assigned tasks.
- Prepares map data and charts as required.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Willingness to mentor other team members.
- Complies with company safety rules and training, conducts operations safely and reports any unsafe conditions or practices immediately to his/her supervisor.
- Assists, trains and directs work within regional offices.
- Provides data management, survey mapping and GIS solutions to a wide range of complex problems.
- Actively supports survey service's continuous improvement efforts to ensure that business and technical practices remain highly competitive.
- Technical degree or higher in related field or comparable work experience.
- Project management training or certification desired.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in offshore and/or onshore surveying, preferably in the offshore activities detailed above, and CAD operation in the surveying and mapping field, or demonstrates the equivalent skill level and knowledge to perform required duties.
- Must demonstrate practical experience of data management, data analysis, GIS, mapping and data standards and associated software.
- Possesses computer office skills and ability to operate programs such as Microsoft Office products (Work, Excel, Project, etc.), AutoCAD, 3D point cloud processing applications (Cyclone).
- Familiar with or willingness to learn and use Google products and PeopleSoft.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
Planning and Organizing/ Human Resource Management/ Developing Others/ Decision Making/ Results Orientation:
- Ability to make objective decisions timely and effectively.
- Recognizes when decisions or information should be referred to a higher authority.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Effectively manages time and organizes information to meet operational needs and desired outcomes.
- Provides/develops appropriate documentation to track progress of a project.
Health and Safety/ Technology/ Stress Management/ Thoroughness/ Analytical Thinking/ Forward Thinking:
- Knowledge of methods and techniques used in safety inspections and accident prevention.
- Knowledge of principles, practices and methods of safety and health as it relates to employees and the public.
- Works effectively under pressure.
- Ability to use various information technology systems required for successful job performance.
- Has beginning AutoCAD and other required software knowledge.
- Able to prepare numerous work product types under supervision.
Client Focus/ Communication/ Ethics and Integrity/ Business Administration/ Accounting and Financial:
- Able to determine and meet customer needs.
- Responds to clients in a positive and truthful manner.
- Ensures that regular and consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Maintains inter-office and project confidentiality.
- Responds politely to members of the community.
- Works as a team member/ getting along with co-workers.
- Responds in a positive manner to supervision.
- Able to accept responsibility for your actions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.