Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Quality Engineer will provide support to the business units and shared service organizations by implementing the Oceaneering quality management system and related tools/processes to accelerate business results, identifying, reducing COPQ and improve on time delivery. The QE is responsible for assuring quality on product and implements quality practices proactively to avoid anomalies and escapes. The QE is embedded with project engineering as an integral part of project teams as well as performing quality improvement activities for the company.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Helps drive product quality into products through concept, design, and development. Transfers to manufacturing or service operations and subsequent release to final customer. Works with the project team to ensure that customer requirements can be validated and design requirements can be verified.
- Assists with the project management plan at the start of projects to define the application of quality within the project.
- Acts as the customer interface, managing quality escalations and audits.
- Reviews contracts, extracts and flows down customer quality requirements to projects and product documentation.
- Reviews drawings for application of quality requirements, application of inspection points to critical features, and geometric dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Activates involvement in design development and design reviews with project engineering, driving quality into the design and processes.
- Mentors members quality assurance (engineering), documents control and quality control (inspection) team.
- Provides support and leadership in proactive quality programs including COPQ/waste reduction projects, incident prevention, risk management and product improvement through the use of DFMEA, PFMEA, FMECA, predictive analysis and other risk management tools.
- Revises or develops new processes or standards and tools to continually improve and enhance the quality function for product support.
- Develops inspection and test plans, ensuring that the quality and inspection requirements are driven into work authorizing documents for production.
- Assures the configuration of end items are as documented. Monitors changes in engineering to ensure the certificate of conformance for the product is accurate.
- Manages Material Review Board dispositioning of non-conformances requiring specific dispositions.
- Utilizes trend analysis tools to report to top leadership on operational performance, product and service quality.
- Monitors the effectiveness of corrective actions related to operational excellence initiatives, deviations, internal audits, customer complaints, and supplier performance.
- Facilitates/supports internal and external audits for site certifications and internal risk management controls.
- Performs data analysis for trending and root causes analysis for problem-solving of quality anomalies or escapes.
- Prepares and troubleshoots corrective actions in relation to system related nonconforming events/near hits by adopting, promoting and coaching personnel on root cause methodologies.
- Supports process monitoring and measurement processes through the development and implementation of statistical process control, where applicable.
- Defines quality attributes for parts, ensuring that both internal and purchased parts meet customer requirements. Works with Supply Chain to proactively improve and develop supplier performance.
- Assess and/or audits suppliers for ability to meet contract specifications and help implement improvement plans. Assists with site visits, as required.
- Works with document control to ensure data packages for completed products are complete, accurate, and the product meets customer quality requirements.
- Reviews potential impacts of out of tolerance tooling on existing or in process products.
- Ensures the independent asset, product, and component inspection is in accordance with industry standards, regulatory statutes, company and customer requirements.
- Supports the organization's drive towards excellence in health and safety performance.
- Applies detailed working knowledge of ISO 9001 QMS requirements in project support, works authorizing documentation and disposition of quality non-conformances.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or technical field, preferably in mechanical engineering or electrical engineering.
- 3 or more years of experience in quality engineering/continuous improvement, or applicable related experience.
- Certified Quality Engineer.
- ISO 9001 auditor.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt.
- Experience in project engineering or project management.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.