Skills: Rigging / Scaffolding
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
In this role you will assist with the management of Rope Access/ Working at Height training activities and safety, develop and promote Rope Access under guidance from Global Rope Access Manager, and ensure continued compliance of procedures and processes throughout Oceaneering.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct personnel within the division to ensure operational efficiency and the implementation of the appropriate standards of quality control in every facet of business performance.
- Seek to continually improve existing systems and methods of work.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with customers to build trust in the company brand and support company needs.
- Prepare risk assessments and perform personnel competency checks as necessary.
- Ensure quality standards at every level of the division's activity so that quality of service meets the necessary standards.
- Ensure safe systems of working at heights to cover all aspects.
- Ensure department compliance of SPRAT regulations and Oceaneering global standards.
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Maintain and collate training material.
- Undertake any other duties of a reasonable nature as required by Management.
- Assist business unit managers and supervisors who have level III technicians and employees certified in Rope Access.
- Responsibilities include training employees; assisting with planning, assigning, and directing work; assisting with appraising performance; assisting with resolving problems.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years' work experience within rope access industry.
- SPRAT certified Level III Rope Access.
- Knowledge of NDT disciplines.
- Valid driver's license.
- Must be able to obtain:
- Transportation Workers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET)
- Safe Gulf Training
- Valid passport
- Must have ability to meet company certification standards.
- Complete knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; Use intuition and experience to complement data; design work flows and procedures.
- Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in meetings.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; respond promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; respond to requests for service and assistance; meet commitments.
- Ability to balance team and individual responsibilities; exhibit objectivity and openness to others' views; give and welcome feedback; contribute to building a positive team. spirit; put success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; support everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Ability to manage others; include staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; take responsibility for subordinates' activities; available for staff; provide regular performance feedback; develop subordinates' skills and encourage growth; solicit and apply customer feedback (internal and external); foster quality focus in others; improve processes, products and services; continually work to improve supervisor skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.