Skills: Field Service Tech
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hanover, Maryland, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Sr. Field Engineer acts as a manufacturing/engineering liaison for design-to-production contracts. The Field Engineer provides on-site support and acts as an ADTECH representative to customers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Interface with all phases of manufacturing; ensure input at an early stage for appropriate system design with limited supervision.
- Provide resolution to manufacturing problems.
- Troubleshoot and repair electro-mechanical systems.
- Provide support of red-lining of drawing packages to reflect "as-Built" status of equipment.
- Assists in developing manufacturing and installation cost-benefit analysis input.
- Augment engineering process at design reviews with manufacturing/field experience.
- Perform a variety of fundamental field engineering tasks with minimal supervision of a senior level engineer; involved in the installation, operation, testing, and maintenance of electronic equipment and systems.
- Assist in conducting research and reference reading to assist engineers in obtaining technical information and keeps informed of currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to engineering specialty.
- Assist in performing engineering or other highly technical tasks that are varied and may be somewhat difficult in character.
- Plan and carries out successive engineering steps and resolves technical problems by standard practices and techniques such as tolerance studies and design calculations.
- Support projects with limited scope or parts of more complex projects with detailed instructions on the intent and scope of the documents to be prepared.
- Assist with generating sections of design specifications of more complex projects or complete specifications of less complex projects.
- Using computer-assisted test methods, conducts laboratory investigations on equipment or systems.
- Assist in preparation of reports, correspondence, or technical studies.
- Study currently approved standards, codes, and procedures applied to the engineering specialty.
- Prepare, deliver, and submit technical presentations for in-process design and review meetings.
- Perform all other position-related duties as assigned or requested.
- Some travel may be required.
- Associate's degree in Engineering or related field. Equivalent experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Professional knowledge of applicable engineering concepts and principles and a familiarity with related engineering fields
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in field operations including fabrication, assembly, installation, and testing of advanced electro/mechanical systems.
- Practical knowledge of test methods and practices sufficient to perform routine to more complex engineering procedures and to prepare or make minor modifications of standard test procedures or test equipment work instructions.
- Knowledge of ANSI drawing practices for mechanical drafting and working knowledge of electrical schematics.
- Experience with preparation of progress reports, job completion estimates, and cost estimating essential.
- Knowledge of ANSI Y14.5, AutoCAD, SolidWorks, AWS D1.1,2
- Must be able to attain a top-security clearance.
- Bachelor's degree in related field.
- Experience directly related to construction, installation, testing, and maintenance of equipment.
- Maintain an active top-security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.