Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Supply Chain Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Category Manager will define, manage, implement, and optimize an appropriate sourcing strategy for assigned commodities for Oceaneering International Inc. Manages cross-functional business relationships in the development and implementation of collaborative supply strategies, end to end contracting, performance management, and continuous improvement operations. Serves as the primary interface between suppliers and Oceaneering's operational, supply chain and engineering/operational teams. Works as the primary change agent and supplier relationship manager for improving safety, quality, delivery and cost in the category supply base.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates, implements and manages a Strategic Sourcing Plan for the assigned purchasing categories in order to achieve the best commercial position for Oceaneering.
- Collaborates with stakeholders to develop supplier and commodity plans which support projects and service lines in the creation of added value to the company.
- Leads contract strategies, negotiations and supplier selection for assigned commodities and services with intent to create a win-win situation for OII and supplier.
- Regularly reviews category strategies and enhances effectiveness of existing strategies and/or develop new strategies in response to evolving market factors and requirements.
- Collects, segments, prioritizes and evaluates key category/supplier data; acts upon supply conditions that influence total cost of ownership or place company operations at risk.
- Develops effective cost reduction models for key suppliers with risk profiles.
- Communicates variance as it relates to budgeted or targeted costs.
- Understands OII Product Roadmaps, communicates to suppliers to capitalize on supplier product development activities.
- Collaborates with suppliers to assess emerging opportunities and leverages technology innovations from the supply base.
- Facilitates technical meetings as appropriate.
- Drives supplier rationalization, standardization, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Supports development of more efficient execution processes with supply partners.
- Cultivates a strong business relationship with assigned suppliers.
- Leads supplier relationship management activities for respective category.
- Obtains and internally disseminate market intelligence obtained through business relationships.
- Works with operational, project and supply chain personnel to ensure safe and timely delivery of quality products/services which satisfy all requirements.
- Continually monitors supplier performance; utilizes operational team resources to mitigate any issues and meet specified performance targets.
- Directs and manages supplier performance improvement initiatives; implements gap closure plans, action plans and service level agreements where necessary.
- Ensures the creation and clear communication of proper technical, quality, legal and commercial requirements for product and services.
- Develops short and long term demand profiles and works with supply base to ensure capacity.
- Supports the business (pre and post award) with contract risk management expertise and ensures compliance between business unit and suppliers.
- Identifies supplier risk for respective category and develops mitigation plans to alleviate potential loss to the business.
- Proactively identifies, communicates and mitigates schedule execution issues.
- 30% travel domestic and international, as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Automation Technology, Supply Chain or a related discipline (Equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute).
- 8+ years' experience in advanced networks and controls engineering, or automation technology.
- 5+ years' experience in customer or supplier relationship management.
- Master's degree in related field.
- Experience with value engineering activities.
- Experience with full line of voice, video, data, motion, communication and wireless systems.
- Familiarity with automation systems including device hardware, PLCs, and SCADA equipment.
- Experience sourcing network, automation, controls and robotic equipment.
- Experience engineering or sourcing Satellite, VIOP, or TLE systems.
- Strong commercial background in the respective field or category.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar ERP software.
- The ability to obtain a security clearance.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.