Skills: Operations Management
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering's Maritime Insight Team is on a mission to drive change in the maritime industry. By combining innovative technologies with skilled expertise we offer solutions that increase transparency, reduce conflicts of interest and provide significant savings in time and money. Our mission's success depends on us building a team of diversified, highly skilled individuals with passion, commitment, determination and a will to succeed. Join our team now!
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The Data Reporting Analyst is an operations role responsible for design and implementation of Business Intelligence reports leveraging our global maritime insight data network. The Report Writer will work with team members to deliver value to our customers.
This position can be located in Houston, TX, Chandigarh, India.
Duties & Responsibilities
It is essential that the Maritime Data Reporting Analyst understand and commit to the vision and innovation in the MIP business plan and work tirelessly to execute on the strategy
Collaborate with customers and OMI team members
- Work with operational teams, functional teams and customers to evaluate and document business needs for report and dashboard creation.
- Provide support to end-users through instruction and functional knowledge transfer and training
Produce and Support Reports
- Produce and support the production of standard, customer, and dashboard reports utilizing data warehouse, transactional systems, Exago, Alteryx and other tools
- Develop insightful data visualizations that provide immediate insight
- Review existing dashboards/reports to improve presentation and performance. Including owning the entire UI structure of Exago.
- Test and validate data and reports to ensure data integrity and quality results.
- Troubleshoot reporting issues that come in through our service portal.
- Participate in QA and UAT Testing
Improve our Data Quality
- Using advanced analytical skills, provide comprehensive assessments to management that interpret patterns and trends, and determine overall data quality.
- Work with the IT Infrastructure team to ensure that OMI data assets are treated as a protected asset.
Stay on the cutting edge
- Attend workshops, trade shows, and seminars to keep up-to-date on changes in the industry.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or equivalent education and experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience using BI tools to develop standard and customized reports
- Experience using SQL to query and organize data.
- Experience in Bulk Terminal Management
- Experience directly related to Exago.
- Demonstrated influence, communication, presentation and facilitation skills.
- Experience with innovation.
- Ability to understand the long-term ("big picture") and short-term perspectives of situations.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
How To Apply
Regular full-time employees who apply will be considered along with external candidates. Employees with less than six months with their current position are not eligible to apply for job postings. Please discuss your interest in the position with your current manager/supervisor prior to submitting your completed application. It is highly recommended to apply through the PeopleSoft or Oceanet portals.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.