Skills: QA / QC / Inspection
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
The API Inspector position will report to the Operations Manager of Integrity Programs and will review inspection data files of pipelines, process piping, pressure vessels for facilities. Ensures the mechanical integrity of the equipment is in compliance with the applicable governing design & inspection codes.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs internal and external inspections to determine if equipment meets the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard, or document.
- Conducts inspections on equipment at scheduled intervals to maintain the mechanical integrity of the fixed equipment of the facility.
- Properly interprets regulations, codes and industry standards.
- Uses a computer to compile and submits daily and inspection reports, as well as inter-office communications.
- Compiles and submits completed inspection reports in a timely manner.
- Pays attention to detail and is capable of recommending and approving repairs and performs visual inspection of completed work.
- Studies equipment leak regulations applicable to location and customer base.
- Proficient with standard computer software (such as MS Word and Excel) and is able to write detailed inspections and shutdown reports while maintaining an organized system of files.
- Maintains a positive relationship between client, facility, and customer and promotes a positive attitude towards coworkers.
- Current American Petroleum Institute (API) API 510, and API 570 certification.
- 2 years experience in inspection activities.
- Experience in visual inspection of tanks, piping, pressure vessels, valves and pumps.
- Experience developing and implementing inspection plans in accordance with industry standards, applicable codes, and client specifications.
- Must be able to travel out of town 80% or more of the time and work various shifts.
- Ability to meet company certification standards.
- Drug and alcohol screens performed randomly.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- STI Tank Certification is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of industry standards including AWS, ASME, API (510, 570, & 653); working knowledge of NDE methodologies also a plus.
- Experience in inspection/verification of structural or flanged piping bolt up, tensioning and verification activities preferred.
- Experience performing or witnessing and documenting pressure testing activities (to include hydrostatic and pneumatic tests), repairs, alterations, and pressure calculations preferred.
- Experience in pit depth measurement or other dimension verifications using precision measuring equipment and recording results preferred.
- 2 years experience in Mechanical Equipment inspection activities.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and be seen as credible in the workplace.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems.
- Reliability - The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.