San Diego, California, United States
San Diego, California, United States
Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 6 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering's Maritime Insight Team is on a mission to drive change in the maritime industry. By combining innovative technologies with skilled expertise we offer solutions that increase transparency, reduce conflicts of interest and provide significant savings in time and money. Our mission's success depends on us building a team of diversified, highly skilled individuals with passion, commitment, determination and a will to succeed. Join our team now!
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Lead and participate in the design and development of web applications, including sophisticated backends responsible for the ingestion and delivery of billions of records.
This position can be located in San Diego, CA; Houston, TX, or may work remote.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Define, design and build varied components of web-based and/or mobile applications.
- Enhance, support, and maintain a sophisticated and successful web application with a backend containing billions of records.
- Contribute to various levels of the stack, including the front-end, middle tier, ingestion/persistence of large amounts of data, and efficient retrieval from the database.
- Lead individual projects and potentially small teams.
- Develop and maintain Unit and/or Functional Tests.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- Minimum 6 years' software development experience.
- Minimum 5 years' experience developing .NET/C# web applications.
- Minimum 5 years' experience with relational databases (SQL Server preferred).
- Desire/drive to lead new projects.
- Strong analytical skills - be a problem solver and be able to develop complex algorithms.
- Strong familiarity of design patterns.
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English).
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
- Functional with technologies across most of the application stack including user interface, middle tier, and database systems.
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus.
- NoSQL/Big Data experience and interest a big plus.
- Familiarity with being able to queue, process, and persist large amounts of data efficiently.
- Exposure to Azure/AWS.
- Passionate about UI/UX.
- Expertise with responsive design.
- Experience working within Scrum methodology.
- Experience with development lifecycle tools & processes such as source control (e.g., TFS, Git), build systems, branching & merging, and automated testing.
- Interest in other frameworks/platforms/runtimes (e.g. Node, Meteor, Rails).
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.