Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: San Diego, California, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering's Maritime Insight Team is on a mission to drive change in the maritime industry. By combining innovative technologies with skilled expertise we offer solutions that increase transparency, reduce conflicts of interest and provide significant savings in time and money. Our mission's success depends on us building a team of diversified, highly skilled individuals with passion, commitment, determination and a will to succeed. Join our team now!
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Lead and participate in the design and development of an iOS/Android mobile app supporting a successful web product. This position can be located in San Diego, CA; Houston, TX, or may work remote.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Lead a small team in the design and development of an iOS and Android mobile app.
- Participate in the development of features for the mobile app.
- Collaborate with the Business and Development teams to define appropriate designs, features, and solutions.
- Work closely with the Backend Development team to fetch and persist data.
- Apply comprehensive test coverage.
- Prepare the app for QA testing and publish to the App Stores.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent education and experience.
- 7+ years of professional software development experience.
- 5+ years of experience with C#/.NET.
- 3+ years of experience building complex iOS/Android applications using Xamarin (Forms or Native).
- Experience implementing unit tests.
- Knowledgeable about source control systems (TFS, Git), branching & merging, CI, etc.
- Experience with the process of publishing apps and submitting them to the App Stores.
- Desire/drive to lead new projects.
- Strong design skills - be able to create UI that is both intuitive and professional.
- Strong familiarity of design patterns.
- Strong written and oral communications skills (English).
- Be a team player. Have opinions and listen to others.
- Passionate about software development! Willing to learn and to help others.
- Knowledge of the maritime industry a big plus.
- iOS (Swift) and/or Android (Java/Kotlin) experience a plus.
- Experience with Google Maps API (or suitable alternative).
- Experience working within Scrum methodology.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.