Skills: HR - General
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Oversees and supports the HR management of Oceaneering's GEC (Global Employment Company), otherwise known as OMW (Oceaneering Mobility Workforce), operations in areas of HR including but not limited to recruitment, compensation, employee relations, policy and procedure administration, and interpretation. Responsible for recommending, monitoring, maintaining, and administering HR and Global Mobility (GM) practices and procedures. Represents organization at personnel related hearings, mediations, and investigations.
Additionally, this role will provide onoing support to the Global Mobility Director and GM function, including but not limited to global assignments and compliance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Aligns HR strategies with business goals.
- Drives a culture of performance, results, and positive employee relations.
- Assists in the development of business cases and recommendations related to the management of the OMW
- Participates in global HR/GM projects and policy development.
- Prepares, reviews, interprets, analyzes, and approves a variety of data, information, and reports; makes recommendations depending on findings.
- Provides support in and guidance on employee relations matters; including grievances, investigations, disciplinary action, and terminations.
- Provides support in and guidance on compensation benefits related matters for the OMW workforce.
- Provides guidance to all employees for consistent adherence to OMW policies, procedures, and practices.
- Coordinates the terms of rotational employees and expats with the BU and Corporate HR.
- Partners on the reassignment expat employees to ensure effective management of key talent.
- Ensures policies, procedures, HR actions, and reporting are in compliance with global employment law.
- Manages OMW HR audits in conjunction with Corporate HR.
- Partners with the business and other HR/GM team members to identify, escalate, and resolve issues related to management of OMW employees.
- Collaborates across functions to problem solve and reach successful outcomes.
- Acts as an ambassador of Oceaneering's Core Values
- Assists with training managers and business leaders on global mobility and immigration to ensure that policies and procedures are administered consistently.
- Consults with and coordinates subject matter expertise among stakeholders to implement optimal mobility approaches.
- Bachelor's in HR, Industrial Relations, or related field
- 5+ years HR or Global Mobility experience working for a multinational company in a fast-paced environment
- 3+ years experience with a Global Employment Company (GEC)
- 3+ years experience with global immigration and taxation
- 3+ years experience managing vendors
- Able to travel up to 30% of time
- Master's degree
- SPHR, GPHR, GMS certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Communicates effectively with management, professionals, customers, business associates and others, individually and in groups, orally and in writing
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to assess and effectively communicate risks and make recommendations
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate
- Gives and receives constructive feedback
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.