Experience: 1 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Executes the process of low complexity ordering of goods, supplies, equipment, and services in accordance with prescribed purchasing policies, regulations, and procedures. Understands schedules, risks to orders and manages a supplier's individual order performance to requirements. Monitors and reports status and progress of orders to procurement leaders
Duties & Responsibilities
- Reviews and analyzes purchase requisitions.
- Prepares and solicits bids.
- Issues requests for quotes/information.
- Reviews quotations.
- Negotiates for the purchase of goods, supplies, equipment and services.
- Prepares purchase orders and sends copies to suppliers and to departments originating requests.
- Ensures the communication of technical, quality, legal, and commercial requirement sourcing information for goods and services, and facilitates the resolution of commercial, quality and technical issues related to sourced goods, both internal and external to Oceaneering.
- Manages procurement plan and pricing strategy to support cost objectives, and works to ensure delivery schedules are adequate to support project and operational needs.
- Resolves purchasing issues between OII and vendors.
- Performs administrative activities in support of the purchasing function.
- Able to work independently with little or no supervision.
- A degree in business or a technical discipline plus 1 year of buying experience. In lieu of a degree, high school diploma or general education degree (GED); and minimum 3+ years of associated experience in purchasing.
- Knowledge of purchasing practices and procedures, materials, products, and the commodity market in an area of specialization.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
- Ability to work in a team environment, remaining attentive to ideas, recognizing responsibilities, and actively participating with others to accomplish assignments and achieve desired goal.
- Knowledge of department's policies, rules, regulations, business goals, vision, organizational structure, culture, philosophy, operating principles and values, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain project priorities.
- Identifies what needs to be done and takes action before being asked or required.
- Basic knowledge of computer software such as Word and Excel.
- Be self-starting, highly organized, outgoing with excellent people skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced manufacturing environment with on-time delivery as a priority.
- Peoplesoft experience is a plus.
- Communicate concisely with all levels inside and outside the company.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a high volume environment with minimum supervision.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.