Skills: Risk Management, Electrical Engineering
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Morgan City, Louisiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Leads, directs and manages sourcing activities for select categories to support regional business units. Manages the cross-functional business relationships in the development and implementation of collaborative supply strategies, performance management, and continuous improvement operations. Serves as the primary interface with category suppliers and as the dedicated lead for the cross-functional purchasing team.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops and manages long-term relationships at proper levels of management with critical suppliers.
- Develops and manages overall supplier performance.
- Responsible supplier relationship manager for improving Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost for all suppliers.
- Ensures the communication of technical, quality, legal, and commercial requirement sourcing information for goods and services, and facilitates the resolution of commercial, quality and technical issues related to sourced goods, both internal and external to Oceaneering.
- Manages procurement plan and pricing strategy to support cost objectives, and works to ensure delivery schedules are adequate to support project and operational needs.
- Ensures timely and accurate implementation/action of supplier related Engineering Change Order, and Non-
- Conformance Report dispositions.
- Manages and monitors the purchasing data integrity of the ERP system, including item master and purchase order data, to facilitate efficient execution of the master schedule material/procurement plan.
Cross-functional Leadership and Cost/Value Engineering :
- Collect, segment and evaluate key category/supplier data; acting upon supply conditions that influence total cost of ownership or place company operations at risk.
- Proactively communicate variance as it relates to budgeted or targeted cost.
- Collaborate with suppliers to assess emerging opportunities and pull technology innovations from the supply base. Facilitate technical meetings as appropriate.
- Identify new product requirements and value engineering opportunities; coordinating and marketing their introduction across business to reduce cost, and improve profitability.
- Drive supplier rationalization, standardization, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Support development of more efficient execution processes with supply partners.
Supplier Relationship Management :
- Develop and manage long-term relationships with critical suppliers.
- Cultivate a strong business relationship with proper level of management at suppliers.
- Lead supplier relationship management activities for respective category, including leading relationship and performance management reviews.
- Utilize SMT resources and company SME's to facilitate the resolution of commercial, quality and technical issues in the supply base.
- Internally disseminate market intelligence obtained through business relationships.
Supplier Performance and Risk Management :
- Ensure safe and timely delivery of quality products which satisfy all requirements.
- Continually monitor supplier performance; utilizing team resources to mitigate any issues and meet specified performance targets.
- Direct and manage supplier performance improvement initiatives; implementing gap closure plans, action plans and service level agreements where necessary.
- Ensure the creation and clear communication of proper technical, quality, legal and commercial requirements for product and services.
- Identify supplier risk for respective category and develop mitigation plans to alleviate potential loss to the business.
- Proactively identify, communicate and mitigate schedule execution issues.
- Bachelors of Science Degree in Industrial, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum Five (5) years Supplier Management experience.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient with a variety of common software programs such as MS Office
- Advanced skills with spreadsheet software such as Excel
- Basic knowledge of Enovia or similar PLM software
- Basic knowledge of PeopleSoft or similar business management software
- Basic knowledge of ERP and MRP logic and inventory management.
- Knowledge and experience of supply chain processes and best practices; including sourcing, category management, market analysis, contracting methodologies, and risk analysis and supplier performance management.
- Exceptional supplier relationship management skills.
- Strong networking, collaboration and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to influence subject matter experts to adopt new ways of thinking and working.
- Ability to drive gap closure and action plans to completion.
- Professional certificates: CPIM, CPM
- Experience with supplier management of fabrication and/or machine shop suppliers is preferred.
- Experience with value engineering and cost engineering activities is preferred.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES, AND OTHER CHARACTERISTICS
- Ensures that important information from management is shared with employees and others as appropriate.
- Gives and receives constructive feedback.
- Ensures that others involved in a project or effort are kept informed about developments and plans.
- Ensures that regular consistent communication takes place within area of responsibility.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for all positions without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or other non-merit factors.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.