Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Skills: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician
Other Skills: I/E Tech , Scada Experience a plus
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Production Maintenance Electrician /Instrumentation Tech - Offshore rotation
Desired Expertise: Production Electrician/Instrumentation should possess the ability to safely and promptly perform tasks involved with the day to day maintenance and support of electrical systems on offshore production platforms to minimize or resolve downtime. In addition, this level requires Preventive Maintenance skills. Knowledge of power generation, motor controls, safety devices and instrumentation is desired. SCADA and PLC knowledge is a plus. Calibration and trouble shooting of end devices , 4-20 , and use of hand held communicator a must. This level requires the ability to be a team player and to work with Production Personnel on a very close level.
Minimum Education: High School Diploma or equivalent GED certificate. Military technical school or Vo-Tech courses or certificate is recommended. On-the-Job training classes provided by previous employers will be considered provided that contracted individual can produce proper documentation to prove completion of courses.
Experience: Minimum 5 Years of Offshore / Inland Production facility electrical maintenance preferred.
5+ Years of Electrical maintenance experience on Onshore Hydrocarbons Processing or other industry plants in conjunction with a recommended 2 Year Offshore Production electrical maintenance experience will also be acceptable. Contstruction background a must if applying for land position.
Other experience that the individual should possess for this level of technical expertise will include the following:
- Basic Wiring Principles
- Alternating and Direct Currents
- Electrical Area Classification
- Low Voltage AC Distribution Systems (4,160 VAC Recommended but not required) Solar/Wind & Battery Systems
- Power Transmission-Transformers and branch circuits
- Power Generation- To include Principles of Generation and Generator Controls and Generator Protection Safety Systems
- Page/Party and Alarm Notification Systems
- Motor Control Centers and Motor Starters
- Gas Compressor Operation and Safety Devices
- Claibration / familarization with, but not limited to , Viatran, Honeywell, Rosemount, Yokagawa,etc
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs or Page/Party and Alarm Notifications Systems Install, troubleshoot and repair (Board Level) electronic motor controls such as VFDs
- (Variable Frequency Drives) and Soft Start Drives
- Install, troubleshoot and repair (Board Level) Battery Chargers and UPS
- Troubleshoot Relay Logic Control panels
- Maintain, troubleshoot and repair power generation (Up to 480 VAC 3 Phase) switchgear, breaker, breaker interlock and related circuitry
- Troubleshoot, identify and correct faults affecting continuous operation of production processes. (i.e. Gas Compressors, Air Compressors, Heat Media, Heater Treater) Perform maintenance and repair of general platform support equipment such as HVAC system, refrigeration, power and communication systems, lighting, and etc.
- Install, troubleshoot and setup various types of process signal transmitters and process control devices such as to P Transducers, Level Transmitters, Pressure Transmitters, Current Monitoring Devices, BS&W Meters, etc.
- Able to read and understand electrical connection drawings of typical electrical systems.