Skills: Subsea Engineering
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
As a System engineer, you will have technical responsibility for all aspects of system design where assigned to engineering activities for Integrated solutions i.e. installation, production enhancement, production life extension or well decommission activities.
You will report functionally to the Engineering manager of ISS Systems engineering and operationally, to appointed Engineering manager (Projects, Installation, Production enhancement, Production life extension or Well Decommission).
You will be responsible for development and design of system architecture in collaboration with BHGE product design teams, customers, external partners and/or 3rd parties from early engagement through the full project life cycle to customer delivery.
You will be responsible for:
- Development of system architecture for FEED, tender or project execution business purposes.
- Delivery of the System design basis, product functional design specifications and system level schematics.
- Definition and control of the System master equipment list.
- Delivery of System documentation from master document register - including reports, data sheets, procedures, manuals.
- Collaboration with the Materials Engineer to develop a System material selection and corrosion protection philosophy.
- Definition and management of internal and external system interfaces.
- Creation of and lead System design verification activities and technical assurance programs
- Assurance of compliance with the technical change control process.
- Comfortable with System flow assurance, hydrate management and thermal design to lead work scopes.
- Familiarity with 3rd party certification and regulatory compliance programs.
- Creation of System intervention, inspection, maintenance and repair strategy.
- Development of System Integrating testing program.
- Technical risk management including HAZOP & HAZID.
- Reliability management (knowledge of RAM analysis, FMECA or Functional Safety engineering would be beneficial).
To perform this role, you will have:
- Bachelors degree in engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Project execution experience within an engineering environment.
- Effective team working and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge across one of these disciplines - Hydro mechanical, Electrical or Structural.
- Proficient interpersonal, collaborative and communication skills.
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- The ability to synthesize information, identify problems, establish facts and deduce solutions
Ideally you will also have
- Technical familiarity across at least one of the following product lines - Trees, Well Intervention,Controls.
- Practical working knowledge of Subsea systems engineering life cycle
- Implement Systems Engineering principles and processes
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more