Baker Hughes, a GE company has an opening for an opening for a Carbide Welder/Brazer to support Assembly, Repair, Maintenance, & Overhaul (ARMO) at our facility in Williston, ND. This welder will be working in a state of the art welding facility with new equipment and excellent ventilation system. This welder will be given training and certified by a global weld team.Essential Responsibilities:
- Responsible for Dressing thru tubing mills including rework and re-tipping for drill out mills
- Understand heating and cooling processes
- Good coordination to complete welding needs using a torch
- Issue inventory on the computer
- Performs visual and in-process inspections in accordance with API and ISO quality specifications.
- Helps facilitate the team in diagnosing, troubleshooting, and solving welding problems that enhance through-put within the work team.
- Responsible for supporting the team and team's objectives.
- Required to pass periodic welding tests and qualifications in compliance with qualification procedures
- High School Diploma or GED and welding certification and training.
- 3+ years of welding/soldering/brazing experience
- Minimum of 1+ years of Carbide welding, Brazing, and/or TIG welding experience.
- Knowledge of welding processes and fitting experience
- Must be a self-starter and be able to take on and complete tasks personally
- Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Must be comfortable working with computers - entering and modifying information.
- Must be able to work overtime and on-call.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Understand Welding Safety - OSHA regulations and understanding different welding gases
- MIG Welding
- Running a plasma torch
- Fabrication experience
- Grinding machine experience
Williston, ND 58801#ZR
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more