As a Senior scientist, Energy Ecology and Sustainability, you will lead design, development, and evaluation of complex industrial ecosystems projects in the Energy domain. You will work with cross-functional team across BHGE on the development, and deployment of effective Sustainability solutions to make systems cleaner, safer, better, cheaper, faster and smarter. You will be part of a multidisciplinary and diverse team of experts working on state-of-the-art technologies in digital energy applications.Essential Responsibilities
In the role of Engineering Scientist, you will:
- Physics based Modeling, Simulation and data analytics for Complex Industrial Ecosystems
- Analyze thermodynamic systems and other energy data to determine the quantitative and governing relationships of complex ecosystems
- Expertise in ANSYS, ASPEN, HYSYS, Matlab, Solidworks, Autocad and other standards fluid process and equipment modeling packages
- Characterize and analyze Industrial Ecosystems in Energy/Oil and Gas domain
- Provide scientific support and analysis for one or more of the technology programs
- Work closely with businesses, engineering and research groups to develop, manage and execute technology road maps for oil and gas industry
- Perform effective planning and execution of assigned research projects; conduct project tasks as required
- Provide technical expertise, identify and investigate new concepts and technologies
- Participate in ongoing assessments of future oil & gas industry activities and technological needs
- Ensure the research and technology development and testing plans are well prepared and communicated
- Deliver effective presentations, reports and publications BHGE leadership
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Environmental, or Industrial Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a physics based modeling environment
- Strong focus on energy Modeling, Simulation and data analytics for Complex energy systems.
- Experience in low carbon technologies and product life cycle analysis for sustainable energy Systems
- Strong understanding of thermodynamics, heat transfer, and unit operations.
- Proficient in calculating energy and emissions requirements in operations, developing metrics, and benchmarks.
- Proven track record of effective teamwork skills.
- Project management experience required.
- Graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering, preferably PhD
- Professional Engineer preferred.
- Working knowledge of Python, Matlab and is preferred.
- Hands on Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and HYSYS process modeling is preferred
- Good Experience with Data logging, Data acquisition, and Data analysis
- Demonstrated Lab Testing and Field Experience.
- Demonstrated Technology Deployment Experience.
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Self-starter and highly motivated
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more