Skills: Customer Service, Project Management, QA / QC / Inspection
Other Skills: Oil & Gas Industry, NDT, Third Party QCS, IAP/NCR, Client Representative
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Authorized to work in: US
Join Cardno's Oil & Gas Services division in Houston, Texas to play an integral role on Cardno PPI's Quality Assurance team.
Be part of a global company where the work you do today will make a difference for generations to come.
At Cardno our people have a shared purpose to make a difference in the world - whether it's delivering a sustainable infrastructure project in their local community or improving health outcomes on the other side of the world. Doing good work that benefits others is our greatest motivator.
When you join Cardno, you'll be part of a diverse global team of talented technical experts and professionals. Working in collaborative and connected environments, your development will be mapped and supported to help you reach your career goals.
Balancing work, life and wellbeing is also important to us and we provide a number of initiatives and opportunities to help you achieve a happy working life at Cardno.
Our work is diverse and interesting and you'll have the best people on your side to lend a hand. Because at Cardno it's never about a single person or job - it's about a shared vision that guides our results, and shapes how we deliver them.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Primary point of contact for Customer interface
- Ensure accuracy of and provide all requested deliverables to the Customer at their respective frequencies
- Ensure operations schedule is accurate and current
- Ensure that QCS personnel and the specified inspection activities meet QMS requirements, customer specifications, and applicable industry standards
- Monitor & communicate status of awarded funding amounts for each project as directed by the Customer
- IAP / NCR initiation
- Disciplinary action initiation or elevation for field personnel as appropriate
- Onboarding of field personnel as appropriate (contractor personnel only)
- Provide regular summary reports, both externally and internally, that include key metrics and value adds
- Review workforce qualifications and select inspectors for QAQC assignments
- Processing contractor invoices and expenses for payment as applicable
- Timesheet and expense "overall" report approvals as assigned
- Associate degree or verifiable equivalent work history with high school diploma or equivalent
- 3 years of experience with NDT methods applied to the oil and gas industry
- 3 years of oil and gas industry experience required (3 years of NDT experience preferred)
- Previous experience managing people to achieve a goal
- Experience with implementing and enforcing quality systems and procedures
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Positive, flexible team-oriented approach, with willingness and desire to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, resourceful
- Ability to travel to supplier sites and customer offices
- College degree with a science or engineering core preferred
- Knowledge of drilling and completions tools, API specifications and standards, DS-1 standard, or other quality governing documents
Equal Opportunity statement for US based applicants ONLY
Cardno has a long standing policy of Equal Opportunity in employment. Our practice is to fill positions by selecting applicants who can perform the work in a competent and professional manner. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, sex, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status. At any time, if you need an accommodation during the application process, please contact Human Resources.
Cardno PPI, LLC is an energy industry–focused engineering, operations management and quality assurance firm that provides services around the world. A subsidiary of Australia-based professional services Cardno Ltd., Cardno PPI solves critical challenges for clients around the world, specializing in quality and consulting services; hands-on engineering, certification, and technical services; and technology development and resource management. The company has a mature inspection and audit reporting software solution that is used by its customers to extract key performance indicators for better business decision making.
Safety is a core value at Cardno PPI, and our Zero Harm safety program fosters an environment of clear accountability, shared responsibility, risk awareness and effective communication. Our program underpins all operations and is responsive to the needs of our customers.
At Cardno, we believe that what is good for people, communities, and the world we live in can also be good for shareholders. Every day, Cardno employees are Making a difference – putting our vision, purpose, and values into action.
Visit us on the Web at www.cardnoppi.com.