BHGE Offers the opportunity as an experienced Application Architect to join the team in India.Essential Responsibilities:
- Design and implement complex solution designs to support small to extremely large globally distributed business critical solutions, for mostly enterprise internal applications, however, will also include commercial products.
- Coordinates all the hardware and software infrastructure teams through design / provisioning / deployment, as well as guide product teams through the project, risk/compliance, and architecture governance models.
- Embrace various agile approaches to product delivery, always searching for opportunities to create automation that increases quality and product delivery velocity.
- Provide solution architecture in support of application migrations to the various cloud environments, business divestitures, acquisitions, roof-top / data-center consolidations, as well as upgrades to enterprise and commercial products.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in a technical area (Architecture, Software, or Information Technology) or (a high school diploma / GED with at least 12 years of experience in Information Technology or Software).
- Technical Expertise
- nTier Architectures in context of mobile apps
- Strong understanding of platform frameworks (iOS or Android) - MVC, UI framework, Storage, Mobile DBs, OS permissions related to privacy,
- Strong understanding supporting 3rd part or open source frameworks - Notifications, Payment Gateways, API Gateways, Third Party API usage (e.g. Google Maps)
- Building almost offline or rarely online apps
- Strong experience with App Lifecycle Management - managing enhancements along with OS releases from Google or Apple
- Must have at least one published app on iTunes or Play Store (individual or project team you lead)
- Essential Security Principles (User on-boarding, Integration with Authentication & Authorization systems, Local Permissions
- Exposure to building & migrating apps that support multiple form factors (including wearables)
- Ability to debug and perform root cause analysis on app related issues and app crashes