Skills: Warehouse Person
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Rosyth, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Oceaneering is a global provider of engineered services and products, primarily to the offshore energy industry. We develop products and services for use throughout the lifecycle of an offshore oilfield, from drilling to decommissioning. We operate the world's premier fleet of work class ROVs. Additionally, we are a leader in offshore oilfield maintenance services, umbilicals, subsea hardware, and tooling. We also use applied technology expertise to serve the defense, entertainment, material handling, aerospace, science, and renewable energy industries.
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to and supporting the Supply Chain Manager to provide leadership to the Warehouse Team by ensuring business needs are delivered, site KPIs are achieved and service expectations are met in line with recognised best practices, business procedures, legal and policy requirements.
- *Supervises a support team and/or entry level specialists with operational focus*
- *Focuses on coaching, coordination and delegation of operational work responsibilities*
- *Applies knowledge specific to area of responsibility*
- *Provides solutions to a variety of technical problems of moderate scope and complexity*
- Hands on leadership position mentoring and leading the warehouse team to deliver required levels of performance.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Ensures all materials are controlled in line with company procedures; includes raw material receipts storage and distribution; includes finished goods transfers, issues and shipping activities.
- Establishes, monitors and improves key business metrics to include, but not limited to; inventory accuracy, on-time shipments, and timely receipts with a focus towards customer satisfaction, ensuring expectations are being met.
- Drives continuous improvement within the operation using recognized tools such as 5 S methodology, Kaizen events, etc.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse; all equipment; issues work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Develops warehouse operational improvements by analyzing process work flow, manning and space requirements, and equipment layout; implementing changes.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, inducting and training employees.
- Maintains safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Support and encourage a learning organization that capitalizes on improvement opportunities, implements proactive processes to anticipate customer requirements, and provides applicable training and education to all employees that better enables them to achieve their individual objectives.
- Manage employee performance through the PMP (Performance Management Process). This process includes alignment of employee goals, objectives, and competencies to support succession planning & business strategies.
- Support other divisions within the Rosyth campus as required
- Participate in HSE Awareness - Observation Cards, HSE Safety Suggestions
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Displays required levels of engagement and a positive `can-do` attitude while consistently supporting Oceaneering culture of Safety, Quality, ongoing learning and continual improvement.
- Any other roles or tasks as required to support our business needs including carrying out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
Ensure that the Safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to so far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- This position has direct supervisory responsibilities.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in an industrial warehouse environment
- Consignor experience
- Bachelor of Arts Degree in Warehouse Management or another related subject or equivalent
- Any Warehousing, Logistics or Transport related qualifications/certifications
Knowledge, Competencies, Skills, Abilities, and Other Characteristics
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- People Management, Delegation & Leadership skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Planning and organising skills
- Motivation, Commitment, Adaptability, Initiative & Dependability
- Change Management
- Able to work on own initiative and also part of a team
- Competent in related systems and electronic platforms including ERP, Word, Power Point and Excel
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Problem solving
- Project Management
- Cost consciousness
- Strategic Thinking
- Quality & Quality Management
- Decision Making & Judgment
- Forklift truck driving competency
We offer a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits package and the opportunity to advance in an international company. To apply, click 'Apply Now'.
Oceaneering pushes the frontiers of deep water, space and motion entertainment environments to execute with new, leading-edge connections to solve tomorrow’s challenges, today.
As the trusted subsea connection specialist, our experience combined with the depth and breadth of our portfolio of technologies allows us to engineer solutions for the most complex subsea challenges. From routine to extreme, our integrated products, services, and innovative solutions safely de-risk operational systems, increase reliability, and enable a lower total cost of ownership.
We are connecting what’s needed with what’s next as the world’s largest ROV operator and the leading ROV provider to the oil and gas industry with over 300 systems operating worldwide. With our safety-focused and innovative approach, we responsively and decisively react to subsea challenges while providing solutions swiftly and efficiently.