Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development
Experience: 9 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY
SR. SYSTEMS ENGINEER (SUBSURFACE SOLUTIONS)
Primary Purpose of Job
The Senior System Engineer develops and manages Programs, Projects and Services related to the subsurface (geoscience, reservoir, drilling, production) solutions as an enabler for achieving QP's business objectives by identifying, analyzing, and evaluating business and IT requirements and contributes to Geoscience technology advancements, business continuity and IT asset lifecycle optimization.
• Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Petroleum or equivalent
• Minimum 9 years of progressive and directly related experience
Experience & Skills
• Experience in providing timely technical IT support services, software installation, configuration, customization, solution enhancements and upgrades for Drilling and Production systems
• Manage full project life cycle of IT projects, ensuring delivery of best-of-breed subsurface applications.
• Establishment of contracts for the purchase, maintenance, upgrade, support and associated services of software, while ensuring contractual commitments to vendors are met.
• Manage resources and budgets, through correct planning in order to finalize projects and tasks in the agreed duration with the necessary quality and quantity.
• Develop capacity management strategies and plans by forecasting long-term demands and short-term variations for managing the capability, functionality, and optimization of IT services related to subsurface systems and applications.
• Experience in managing and executing multiple high value subsurface and Technical IT projects and services for oil and gas organizations, through contracts and/or internal resources, on time and within budget.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Drilling and Production technologies and related ICT infrastructure platforms.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa