Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Sugar Land, Texas, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Responsible for designing, developing and testing models for digital twins to meet project requirements.
- Perform analysis and evaluation of model-based workflows to be deployed in digital twins and recommend improvements.
- Develop digital twin modeling best practices and ensure they are followed across multiple projects throughout the organization.
- Interface with software developers to communicate modeling requirements for supporting digital twin software.
- Actively participates in intellectual property generation, protection of and compliance, and decisions.
- Author/co-authors technical papers
Education and Qualifications:
- Masters Degree or PhD in Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years post graduate experience in Oil and Gas, Chemical, or Manufacturing industries
- Knowledge of engineering modeling products and platforms such as ANSYS, FLUENT, COMSOL, ABAQUS, Matlab, or Simulink.
- Experience applying physics-based and data-driven models in industrial applications. Cases may include but are not limited to anomaly detection, virtual metrology, process control, system identification, and optimization.
- Experience with dynamic system modelling, hybrid modelling, predictive modelling, and machine learning
- Understanding of industrial equipment and process operations, especially in the areas of maintenance and process control
- Knowledge and experience developing analytics solutions in Python
- Strong working knowledge of statistics
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience or working knowledge of open model formats including FMU and PMML
- Knowledge of real-time applications
- Preferred experience implementing models in production workflows with open standards (e.g. functional mock-up interfaces) and containerization (Docker)
- Experience with digital twins
- Systems engineering experience
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law. Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor - priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.