Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, United States
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs API recognized, and non-API recognized tests on Drilling Fluids as per lab request
- Assists the maintenance and calibration of laboratory equipment
- Performs non-routine testing for critical wells
- Performs drilling fluids quality assurance/ quality control laboratory testing for routine and critical jobs.
- Reviews work booklets, analysis sheets, and computer-generated reports prepared by Laboratory Technicians, prepares periodic summary reports as required
- Monitors laboratory working areas to ensure clean, orderly, and safe working conditions
- Assists Laboratory Manager, or assigned supervisor, with disposal of laboratory waste according to properly conducted methods
- Maintains laboratory results database
- Participates in monthly safety and operations improvement meetings
- Completes training modules for promotion to next career level
- Assists Laboratory Manager, or assigned supervisor, in providing test information to clients and other Company personnel
- Assists Laboratory Manager, or assigned supervisor, with ordering supplies, chemicals, and parts for department operations
- Complies with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures
- Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE, SIPP, risk reporting, IT security, hazardous materials, driving)
- Employees may be assigned other duties, in addition to or in lieu of those described above, and any duties are subject to change at any time, according to the needs of the location or Company
Qualifications and Experience:
- Associates in Science, Math or Engineering. Chemistry preferred.
- Minimum 1 years' Oil and Gas (Drilling Fluids preferably) related experience in Laboratory or Field preferred
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Creative and innovative in providing quality solutions, analytical and solution oriented
- Basic Decision Making: Involved in developing, modifying and executing company policies Decisions will impact upon schedules and on individual operations. Able to identify problems and/ or obstacles.
- Candidates must be able to legally work and reside in the US/ Canada, without sponsorship.
- Current Alaska residency preferred
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
Schlumberger is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor-priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.