Skills: Geoscience Technician, Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 8 + Years
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Role Summary :
We are seeking a senior geomechanics engineer to join our geoscience consulting team. The position requires executing and leading geomechanical projects, developing workflows, and collaborating with other technical professionals in multi-disciplinary projects. The successful candidate will have a solid background in solid/rock mechanics and fluid flow through porous media, and will be well familiar with state of the art geomechanical analysis packages, including numerical modeling software FLAC3D or ABAQUS. The role will involve performing geomechanical analyses related to the full oil field life cycle, including drilling/completion and reservoir geomechanics.
Position Details :
Responsibilities for this position include:
- performing geomechanical analyses such as, but not limited to:
- 1D and 3D geomechanical modeling
- Wellbore stability analysis
- Sand production analysis using analytical and numerical methods
- Fault re-activation, caprock integrity, subsidence, and compaction analysis
- Coupled fluid-mechanical simulations
- Geomechanical analyses related to casing damage, junction stability, salt and creep, and thermal analysis
- Interpretation of well and laboratory tests:
- Rock mechanics laboratory test results for rock characterization
- Mini-frac, LOT, XLOT, DFIT test results for field stress estimation
- Conduct due diligence reviews and independent report work
- Work closely with Subject Matter Expert Lead Geomechanics to develop innovative and improved workflows using existing and new technologies to improve project efficiency, and promote geomechanics applications portfolio
- Undergrad degree in civil/mechanical/mining/petroleum engineering minimum of 8 years of industry experience
- Solid background in fundamentals of geomechanics including rock testing and interpretation methods, and geomechanical analysis methods and theories
- Knowledge of pore pressure estimation and measurement techniques for 1D and 3D geomechanical modeling
- Familiarity with geomechanical analysis tools and industry trends
- Proficient in numerical simulation software FLAC3D or ABAQUS
- Basic knowledge of reservoir engineering and drilling and completion practices
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, and one who can effectively work in a team environment
- Up to 50% Travel Required
Preferred Qualifications :
- MSc or PhD degree in related fields (Geomechanics, civil/mechanical/mining/petroleum engineering) with focus on geomechanics/Rock Mechanics
- Familiarity with Python
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 77952
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Consulting & Project Mgmt
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world's largest providers of products and services to the energy industry. With over 50,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities, and operations in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the lifecycle of the reservoir – from locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction, completion and production optimization. Halliburton's fascinating and proud history reveals a continuous focus on innovation and expansion that began with the company's founder, Erle P. Halliburton. After borrowing a wagon, a team of mules and a pump, he built a wooden mixing box and started an oil well cementing business in Duncan, Oklahoma.
In the 1930s, Halliburton established its first research laboratories where the company tested cement mixes, began offering acidizing services to break down the resistance of limestone formations and increase the production of oil and gas, and performed its first offshore cementing job using a barge-mounted cementing unit at a rig in the Creole Field in the Gulf of Mexico. This was the beginning of what was to become the world's most extensive offshore service.
Halliburton took the initial steps toward becoming a worldwide company in 1926. We sold five cementing units to an English company in Burma, the start of our Eastern Hemisphere operations, and Erle P. Halliburton sent his brothers to open our business in Alberta, Canada. We opened in Venezuela in 1940. By 1946, the company – using its innovative technology – had expanded into Colombia, Ecuador, Peru and the Middle East and began performing services for the Arabian-American Oil Company, the forerunner of Saudi Aramco.
In 1951, Halliburton made its first appearance in Europe as Halliburton Italiana SpA., a wholly owned subsidiary in Italy. In the next seven years, Halliburton launched Halliburton Company Germany GmbH, set up operations in Argentina and established a subsidiary in England.
In 1984, Halliburton provided all of the well completion equipment for the first multiwell platform offshore China. Two years later, Halliburton became the first American company to perform an oilfield service job on the China mainland
The final decade of the 20th century brought more changes and growth to Halliburton. The company opened a branch office in Moscow in 1991.
The company realigned its work into Eastern and Western Hemisphere operations in 2006, and in 2007, divided its service offerings into two divisions: Completion and Production, and Drilling and Evaluation.
Today, Halliburton offers the world's broadest array of products, services and integrated solutions for oil and gas exploration, development and production.
To learn more about career opportunities, please visit www.gohalliburton.com.
Halliburton is an equal opportunity employer.