Company: Baker Hughes, a GE Company
Skills: Operations Management, Electrical Technician, Mechanical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: CRAMLINGTON, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we devote investment in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but essential to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.
The Operations Technician is a vital member of the PPS team, as this role is responsible for carrying out preparation, mobilization and in field deployment activities in a key technology which they have attained technical certification. This includes ensuring that all equipment is fully maintained to the recognised standard as outlined in the relevant work instructions. Delivering and running tools in field successfully is a key part of PPS' ability to deliver on time reports to our customers around the world so they are able to ensure the safe operating of oil and gas pipelines.
Although the skills required to develop to become a fully certified Operations Technician (Level 1) in the Pipeline Inspection industry are developed over time, the ideal candidate for an Operations Technician is self-driven, persistent problem solver who has a high attention to detail and enjoys working to deadlines. This individual must be process oriented, as adherence to PPS work instructions and industry standards is required and should also be deeply committed to quality and accuracy at a highly detailed level.
Additionally, those most successful in this career tend to be adept at managing workloads and resources, have a participative, team approach, and have the ability to communicate well with customers and others in their immediate work environment.
· Achievement of additional technology industry certifications
· Flawless execution and on-time delivery of projects
· Knowledge of preparation and maintenance of tools for infield deployment
· Carry out electrical repairs and testing of field / workshop equipment
· PAT testing of operations equipment
· Front-line troubleshooting of electro-mechanical inspection equipment
· Assist in the reduction of in line inspection tool maintenance costs
· Identify quality or productivity issues and potential solutions
· Infield interaction with customers
· Report to various levels of management on progress
· Comply with EHS policies and procedures
Examples of Key Result Areas and Relevant KPI's:
· Assists in EHS awareness and improvements
· Successfully prepares tools to deadlines
· Supports quality improvement initiatives
· Supports productivity improvement initiatives
· Task orientated working to strict deadlines and budgetary considerations
· Successful execution of in field projects
· Recognized engineering apprenticeship, two-year technical diploma or equivalent experience in an engineering discipline (region specific)
· Demonstrable understanding of electronic and/or mechanical engineering drawings
· Proven aptitude to be trained in electronic and mechanical disciplines
· Proven ability in the assembly, maintenance and preparation of mechanical and/or electronic equipment
· IEEE electrical experience / certified (preferred)
· Demonstrable financial and budgetary compliance
· Sets high standards and seeks innovative ways of improving these
· Effective Team member
· Self-motivated and dynamic approach to tasks
· Flexible and willing team player
· Ability to travel both domestically and internationally up to 80% - 90% of the time
Cramlington, Northumberland, UK
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more