Responsible for performing corrective and preventive maintenance on automation systems, advanced hardware, logic networks and other related equipment associated typically in the processing, fractionation, storage and transportation of natural gas liquids in accordance with manufactureâ€™s specifications and established company procedures. JOB FUNCTIONS AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Support process DCS and PLC systems which includes controls, metering, alarms, automation and communications
- Troubleshooting, installation, modification and maintenance of DCSs, PLCs and other network devices
- Maintain plant process control and safety systems
- Strict adherence to company standards for automation system
- Provide leadership and expertise concerning operations/maintenance of fractionator
- Monitor and recognize dangerous and/or emergency conditions within the process and perform procedures necessary to remove the condition to protect personnel, community, environment and equipment
- Work with coworkers in the response to emergency situations requiring coordination (Incident Command System), equipment or plant shutdown, and/or evacuation
- Recognize malfunctions in individual equipment and perform maintenance as necessary to correct problems
- Ensure that Targa is in compliance with Federal, State and all regulatory agencies by working with our Environmental Specialist
- Operate and perform activities in accordance with applicable regulations and procedures (Federal, State and local policies and procedures)
MINIMUM ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver license
- Interpersonal communication skills are required in order to interface with all affected crafts and internal and external customers; able to work self-directed
- Will work overtime, weekends, holidays, and respond to call outs as needed to fulfill business objectives and the ability to work abnormal work shifts for plant conditions
- Show proficiency in the use of all Microsoft Office software modules, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to work with and program Foxboro I/A DCSs (Distributive Control Systems),
- Ability to troubleshoot Allen Bradley, GE PLCs, and other control systems
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose process controls within the DCS or PLC
- Working knowledge of P&IDs, electric schematics, technical manuals and data
- Two year associates degree in instrumentation, Process Controls or equivilent training
- Five years expierience in pertochehmical industry
- Experience working with peers in collaborative efforts
- Familiarity with personal computers, and proprietary software
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY:
- Ability to lift, push, and pull at least a minimum of 50lbs.
- Ability to work in changing climate conditions.
- Able to work in close quarters: i.e., work while kneeling, squatting, sitting, climbing, and standing.
Targa Resources is an equal opportunity workplace. All employment decisions are made without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other legally protected categories. This includes providing reasonable accommodation if requested for disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.