Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: Technical Manager
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Technical Applications Manager for our Lift Systems & Electrical Submersible Pump (ESP) product line will be responsible for ensuring that the BHGE operations exceed expectations and customer's requirement. We are looking for a subject matter expert who will lead and maintain relationships from an engineering perspective as it relates to our Artificial Lift and ESP product line for Production. This person will be the point of contact for all technical engineering matters as it relates to customer requirements and expectations, providing key field product applications support, well prognosis, and/or completion product performance support, and gap analysis and product development.
Examples of products/services include experience with:
- Electrical submersible pumping systems (ESPs)
- Progressing cavity pumping systems (PCPs)
- Horizontal surface pumping systems
- Gas lift systems
- Power supply and control systems
- Monitoring and automation services
- Advises sales personnel, customers and potential customers on the technical issues that affect the installation or sales
- Provides engineering and possible re-design support to operations and manufacturing across multiple product lines.
- May assist sales personnel in the preparation of bids and presentations providing technical data
- Meets with customers to develop and design products and services
- May train customers and/or field personnel on new products
- Identifies new product opportunities and development strategies
- Interfaces with product line management and local management to support direction and strategies to best capture market opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering (electrical or mechanical) highly preferred equivalent
- 5 - 9+ years' experience in assembly of submersible pump equipment, or engineering environment
- In depth knowledge of submersible pumping system construction, testing and function
- High level knowledge about ESP (Electric Submersible Pump) technology
- Proficient use of computer based programs related to application of products
- Extensive skill with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience with SAP
- Understanding of processes, industry standards and technologies as they relate
- to divisions product lines
- Good analytical skills
- Good verbal and technical writing skills.
- Ability to work with multifunctional teams
- Thorough understanding of down-hole hydraulics and rig operations
- Broad, in-depth, specialized knowledge and experience in Artificial Lift
- Ability to solve substantially difficult problems of complex nature and broad scope
- Completion of supervisory/leadership training
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more