Skills: Fitter / Turner, Welding
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Montrose, Scotland, United Kingdom
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Pipe-Fitter will be required to carry out the preparation and fit up of components for welding in accordance with work instructions / drawings & procedures. Dimensional verification of assemblies pre & post welding using hand held and computer aided measuring equipment.
- Read and understands engineering drawings & specifications.
- Preparation of components & pipe for welding using mechanical devices.
- Grinding work as required.
- Fit up of components for welding in accordance with work instructions.
- Liaise with welders during Spool fabrication
- Compile & record weld maps and traceability record sheets.
- Adhere to Company Safety and Environmental policies.
- Delivery of Quality products that meet all requirements to meet production deadlines.
- Fully time served with C&G/ or S/NVQ levels 2 or 3 or equivalent.
- Experience and knowledge of Pipe Fitting processes
- Experience of using hand held and computer aided measuring equipment (training will be given).
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com.