Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. BHGE are currently recruiting for their Machinist Apprenticeship Program. Role Summary:
BHGE has current vacancies to recruit Apprentice Machinist's for their Completion & Well Intervention Manufacturing Team, these positions will be based at our Manufacturing Facility at Woodside Road, Bridge of Don, Aberdeen.Essential Responsibilities:
- Attending both college and the workplace during the apprenticeship
- Complete all training modules successfully
- Develop mechanical knowledge and experience in the field of CNC machining
- Increase health and safety awareness
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and operating manuals
- Undertake work whilst ensuring clean housekeeping
- Special projects as assigned.
- Any Other Duties as Required
- A minimum of 2 National 5s (or equivalent qualifications) is essential, 1 of which must be achieved in Maths.
- Performing Engineering Operations Level 2 Manufacture is essential
- NC level qualification (Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering) is preferred but not essential
- Exposure within a workshop/NC/CNC machining would be beneficial
- An interest in mechanics would be beneficial
- An understanding of health and safety for self
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to work in a team and use own initiative
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office packages, including e-mail would be beneficial
- Organisational skills
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more