As a Lead Systems engineer, you will be operating within a multi-disciplinary team. You will be challenged to lead Front End Engineering & Development studies, where you will give support to projects and support technology development at a system coordination level. You will also support execution of subsea projects. You may be accountable for cost, schedule and HS&E performance and support project management activities.Essential Responsibilities:
- System design execution to proposals and projects
- Interface definition and management amongst different work packages, BHGE locations and towards the client
- System Integration Testing definition, planning and execution
- Reporting of progress, technical and interface matters in project meetings and progress reports of assigned tasks and CTRs.
- Project engineering and lead role for system layout and definition from concept definition phase to FEED, detail engineering and execution phases of a subsea project
- Supporting the study manager with technical interface, change control, technical variations, and general delivery of the scope.
- Development of subsea system field concepts and optimization in relation to Company strategy
- Assist R&D initiatives on field optimization and design reviews
- Ensuring the work is performed in accordance with BHGE Quality Management Systems.
- Liaises with clients on a technical level to ensure their needs are being met and ensuring they are aware of the data input requirements to allow the study to proceed on-schedule.
- Provides technical leadership as required on studies, projects and other tasks assigned by line manager.
- Supports the OFE commercial organization in identifying and pursuing opportunities related to early engagement.
- Assists in preparing proposals as part of a proposals team or technical peer checker
- Support execution phase of projects
- Use and develop internal systems and software tools for undertaking engineering tasks leading to safe and successful delivery of jobs.
- Seek out and promote application of new technology to enable promotion and positioning of BHGE to the market
- Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree with extensive / proven years of experience
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Broad knowledge of processes, methods and procedures within project and engineering management
- Demonstrable depth of experience in project engineering within a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Proven experience in design and selection across one or more of the following: Field architecture/Flow assurance/process engineering/Subsea Production Systems/Risers, flowlines and pipelines/Control systems/Constructability and installation
- Availability to travel internationally for project needs and for short term assignments
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization
Baker Hughes is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more