Skills: Petroleum Engineering
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Drilling & Completions - Subsurface Development & Exploration - Offshore Well Integrity Operations
SENIOR PETROLEUM ENGINEER (Well Integrity Operations)
Primary Purpose of Job
Directs, co-ordinates, manages and provides Petroleum Engineering support for to the Offshore Well Integrity Engineering Section, Drilling & Completion Department. This includes all aspects of well integrity studies, drilling, well completion and other related activities, interpretations and evaluation of well data to ensure integrity of offshore wells throughout the well life cycle from its conception to abandonment.
1. Maintain well integrity procedures updated in accordance with latest release of API & NORSOK International Standards. Coordinates the WI policies, guidelines, procedures and standards.
2. Carry out well integrity studies for critical and repeatable well integrity failures in offshore wells.
3. Review the integrity status for offshore wells in periodic basis in light of well history, and finding from well integrity maintenance and monitoring activities.
4. Risk rank offshore wells according to well integrity procedures. Recommend critical decisions regarding the future of the wells ( workover or abandonment) based upon well integrity investigations results and final assessment.
5. Review findings from well integrity maintenance and monitoring activities Highlight anomalies and recommend well integrity investigations. Interpret results of Well Integrity investigations and formulate corrective action plan to resume well integrity.
6. Coordinate interdepartmental technical coordination meetings and assure addressing well integrity concerns. Provides technical support to the WI Operations teams and ensures that the teams follow the test procedures properly.
7. Ensures that Integrity data is effectively entered in WIMS and is regularly updated and validated.
8. Design safe operating envelope (MAASP & MAWOP) for offshore wells to ensure safe well operation by evaluating annuli pressures, laboratory results of annuli effluents, corrosion reports and cased-hole logs analysis for tubing and casings.
9. Search and evaluate innovative technologies to improve well integrity Practice.
10. Assists Asst. Manager Well Integrity Engineering in preparing the Division's objectives and KPIs.Decision Making Authority.
• Minimum of a BSc in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Mechanical Engineering is required.
Experience & Skills
• Experience in Well Integrity testing & planning.
• Experience in well head equipment & components
• Preferably 15+ years work experience as a Petroleum Engineer in the Oil and Gas industry with demonstrated Engineering expertise in carrying out well integrity studies & review in large oil and gas fields.
• Experience with creating well integrity testing procedures.
• Experience in well design especially in gas lift system preferably in offshore operation.
• Experience wit completion and wellhead operations for different well design.
• Experience with interpretation of cased hole production and diagnostic logs
• Must have strong teamwork skills, and it would be an advantage to have experience working in a multicultural environment
• Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, less experienced staff, field staff, and management.
• Must have experience mentoring less experienced engineers
• Experience with current computer software for well integrity management systems.
• Desirable to have experience working in mature producing fields where finding, assimilating, and integrating data from incomplete files and variable sources can be challenging.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa