Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of BHGE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
Lead a team of procurement specialists in order to drive the business to success. Tactically and strategically, produce results that will help the business grow and meet the demands of the product line and of the overall company. Manage categories so that the supply base is developed, insightful, communicative, and becomes a partner. Essential Responsibilities:
- Manage a direct supply category or categories; including strategy development & deployment, supplier performance and relationship management, and total cost management and execution.
- Develop and drive global strategies taking into account internal requirements and limitations as well as current and future external market conditions for the organizations global footprint.
- Understand business goals and anticipate and mitigate Global Supply related issues that may prevent these goals from being achieved.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key organizational leaders and stakeholders across multiple functional departments.
- Capture and report on key performance indicators for Global Strategic Supply - Direct Materials utilizing enterprise data and reporting mechanisms
- Develop team members to become more efficient and more effective, as well as developing them for their next roles
- Locate, analyze and develop a consolidated best in class supplier base to meet current and future commodity needs. Focus on best value country, spend under contract, total landed cost or total cost ownership
- Direct and lead the negotiation and management of contracts/agreements for assigned commodities with medium to high risk/complexity.
- Assign, lead, provide direction, guidance, and coaching to the team on low to medium complexity negotiations
- Ensure relationship, development and management with Key Supplier Leaderships including integrated strategic plans and on-going cross organization continuous improvement efforts through QBRs
- Lead new Supplier Selection to incorporate new technologies, strategic advantages, cost down, lead-time down, and prevent dispersion of spend to non-strategic and non-core value add needs.
- Solve problems with solutions that benefit the company and the supplier
- Bachelor's degree in business, economics, supply chain or engineering and minimum 5+ years of increasing responsibilities in a custom or engineered-system manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated experience in leadership and leading cross-functional teams.
- Strong business acumen and analytical capabilities.
- Experience in the following commodities: Electronics (components, PCBA, panels, cables) and commercial
- Knowledge of quality management systems (ISO2000, AS9000, QS9000).
- Microsoft office
- 10-15% travel required.
- Know how to work with SAP
- Experience with strategic sourcing processes and supplier performance management programs.
- Strong demonstrated experience with negotiations, influencing, project management and communications is preferred.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more