Skills: IT - Programming & Database
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Pune, India for a Data Engineer, who will be responsible for working with Data Technology Team in developing and deploying data engineering capabilities to the business segments. He/She will perform activities related to Data Flow Development using technologies like Informatica, Big Data, SQL, Unix etc.. He/She will also support deployed integrations as a Level 2 /Level 3 support member. The role demands to lead by example by demonstrating a positive attitude and team focus and by sharing knowledge and expertise with team.
- Create a culture of integrity and compliance
- Inspire and sustain technical excellence, high performance and urgency regarding improving current practices
- Self-Motivated and a go-to person
- Perform development in data ingestion, quality and transformation projects.
- Deployment of Code in Test, Quality and Production environments
- Follows the technical governance (standards, best practices, etc.)
- ETL design & development using Informatica version 9.6 and above
- Strong Data Warehousing/Oracle/Unix skills are required
- Provide troubleshooting & diagnostic support at L2 / L3 level for ETL &/or Big Data technologies in multiple time zones
- Strong understanding of ETL, data structures, data flow, data patterns, and data governance
- Should be familiar with Data Modelling & Star Schema concepts
- Development and deployment of Database SQL (DML & DDL) Or Hive QLs
- Build re-usable unit test documents and track into QA tools
- Ability to troubleshoot data issues
- Follow best practices in terms of development , unit testing, continuous integration, code documentation
- Implementation of Unix scripts for data flow jobs
- Engage with the business segments and internal stakeholders to capture Project Life Cycle Management requirements,
- Work closely with analysts, designers and SMEs
- Strong Service Delivery attitude. Provide input and implement solutions to drive the continuous improvement of the development and support teams
- Engage with the external technical and business community to brand and differentiate PLM implementation in Schlumberger,
- Participate in technical forums and other appropriate events.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor¹s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3 to 6 Yrs. Experience in implementing ETL solutions using Unix, Informatica Technology or Big Data
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
- Should have done design and implementation of ETL solution using Informatica or Big Data for data migration, dataware house implementation
- Experience with testing, automation in testing, deployment and processes, code review & multi-site deployments
- ETL process orchestration using Unix shell programs
- Good to have any PWX, B2B DT or Informatica Big Data Management (BDM) experience
- Good to have skills on Hadoop technologies like Sqoop, Hive, HBASE, Spark, python, Scala
- Experience with Agile development methodologies- JIRA, SCRUM, TFS-GIT etc.
- Bonus to have Experience in working with Real Time Integrations, IoT projects is a bonus, For instance, Kafka, NiFi.
Pune India Technology Center (PITC) Schlumberger has embarked on a corporate transformation to deliver a step change in the reliability, efficiency and integration of our technologies, products and services. Advanced technologies are key enablers to this and encompass all aspects of business systems, including the organization platform and processes. Investments in, and building strong competences across, four technology pillars - Business Systems Operations (BSO), Governance and Architecture, Enterprise Solutions, Infrastructure Operations and SAP Program are key to an integrated digital organization that is positioned to deliver superior results. The Schlumberger Pune India Technology Center (PITC) has a fundamental and critical role in this corporate transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.