Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Pune, India for UX Manager . The successful candidate will be responsible for managing and developing UX professionals focused on designing intuitive, quality products through collaboration with end users and software development teams. Working closely with their team and the UX Director, the User Experience Manager will support in-depth deliverables reviews, end user validation and communicate UX value across all levels of the organization.
- Provides leadership, mentoring, and coaching to a team of user experience professionals
- Promotes the value of UX to software development teams, project managers, and stakeholders at all levels
- Aligns user experience efforts across products and projects in PITC
- Reviews work of UX team members to ensure that designs are aligned with company, stakeholder, and end user priorities
- Promotes end user research to validate project assumptions and solutions
- Provides guidance on design of products while keeping in mind technical dependencies and integration with other products across the enterprise
- Maintains research and design standards
- Receives and prioritizes incoming requests from business partners and stakeholders
- Assess UX risks on projects to recommend staffing and key design principles
- Participate in technical and recruiting forums and other appropriate events.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience on enterprise-level projects in large corporate setting with proven delivery of UX in projects.
- Understands work of UX Designer and Researcher in a modern software development based enterprise environment
- Proficiency in guiding more junior team members through User Experience fundamentals in a professional setting
- Experience building a team and managing team members in a professional setting
- Experience working with vendors to identify proper resources and supervise their output
- Experience balancing workloads across projects
- Mastery in working as part of a collaborative, cross-functional modern software development team
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment of cross functional and cross vendor teams, and deliver to timelines
- Intermediate/advanced level knowledge of Office 365 applications and prototyping tools like Axure, XD, Visio, Sketch, InVision.
Pune India Technology Center (PITC) Schlumberger has embarked on a corporate transformation to deliver a step change in the reliability, efficiency and integration of our technologies, products and services. Advanced technologies are key enablers to this and encompass all aspects of business systems, including the organization platform and processes. Investments in, and building strong competences across, four technology pillars - Business Systems Operations (BSO), Governance and Architecture, Enterprise Solutions, Infrastructure Operations and SAP Program are key to an integrated digital organization that is positioned to deliver superior results. The Schlumberger Pune India Technology Center (PITC) has a fundamental and critical role in this corporate transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.