Skills: Technical Manager
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Schlumberger has an opening in Pune, India for an Informatica Technical Lead. The successful candidate will be responsible for administering the Informatica platform environment. This involves the management and administration of all components in the Informatica platform domain. The Informatica Administrator works closely with the Technical Architect and other project personnel during the Architect, Build, and Deploy phases to plan, configure, support, and maintain the desired Informatica configuration. The Informatica Administrator is responsible for the domain security configuration, licensing, and the physical install and location of the services and nodes that compose the domain. During development efforts, the Administrator is also responsible for coordinating migrations, maintaining database connections, establishing and promoting naming conventions and development standards, and developing back-up and restore procedures for the repositories.
- Aligns the platform operations with the technical architecture framework defined by the core MDM team
- Provides leadership and guidance with MDM/DQ platform best practices, governance, standards and conventions
- Partners with security resources to ensure compliance with data security and privacy mandates
- Responsible for Platform Administration Support, Application Monitoring, and Application Deployment for MDM and IDQ
- Defines and manages the Platform Version Upgrades, Maintenance, EBFs and any unplanned emergency downtimes
- Measures performance of the Platform Service uptime, support SLAs, Job Monitoring reliability, and contributes to the SLA/KPI definitions and track them
- Communication with Business stakeholders for planned/un-planned maintenance activities
- Manages team, performance, and delivery for Platform Administration Support, Application Monitoring, and Application Deployment for MDM and IDQ
- Owns and manages relationship with Informatica Support for License renewal, Problem Management, Incident Management and tracking
- Recommends new and emerging technologies, methodologies and standards for the Platform
- Works closely with Platform Admin Team, Development team, Data Services and Technical Project Manager/Scrum Master
- Monthly progress report of the service with SLA Adherence metrics and Quality improvement plan
- Strong Service Delivery attitude. Provide input and implement procedures to drive the continuous improvement of the Infrastructure, development and support teams
- Create a culture of integrity and compliance
- Inspire and sustain technical excellence, high performance and urgency regarding improving current practices
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor¹s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5 to 10 Yrs. Experience in Informatica Administration (PC or IDQ or MDM)
- Excellent communication, verbal and written skills
- ITIL Practitioner
- 2 Yrs. of Technical Lead experience
- Experience in Informatica IDQ or MDM Administration/Development
- Experience in use of any of the Scheduling tool like Autosys, CA7, Maestro, Redwood or any open source Scheduling tools like Rundeck etc.
- Experience in RHEL Linux shell scripting and filesystem
- Good understanding of the Database configuration associated with Informatica domain and services
- Experience in supporting Data Warehouse environments, data integration, real-time and batch processes
- Understanding of relational database models and dimensional data models and MDM Model
- Understanding of corporate IT security policies & applicable data governance policies
- Experience with Agile development methodologies and concepts required
Pune India Technology Center (PITC) Schlumberger has embarked on a corporate transformation to deliver a step change in the reliability, efficiency and integration of our technologies, products and services. Advanced technologies are key enablers to this and encompass all aspects of business systems, including the organization platform and processes. Investments in, and building strong competences across, four technology pillars - Business Systems Operations (BSO), Governance and Architecture, Enterprise Solutions, Infrastructure Operations and SAP Program are key to an integrated digital organization that is positioned to deliver superior results. The Schlumberger Pune India Technology Center (PITC) has a fundamental and critical role in this corporate transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.