Skills: Rig Mechanic, Maintenance Technician
Experience: 1 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Odessa, Texas, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
Are you seeking an opportunity to show your exceptional skills and knowledge? Are you looking for a company which provides you with dynamic and challenging work environment every single day? If yes, look no further€¦we are seeking individuals who are skilled, knowledgeable, and ready to work in a fast paced environment to deliver top notch solutions to cater business needs.
Nabors owns and operates one of the world's largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a provider of offshore drilling rigs in the United States and multiple international markets. Nabors also provides directional drilling, performance tools, and innovative technologies for its own rig fleet and those of third parties. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors' highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
Canrig Drilling Technology Ltd., with revenues of approximately $400M, provides equipment, tools, services, and software products to oil and gas companies worldwide to improve the safety and efficiency of the drilling process. Our workforce, like our technology, is rapidly expanding.
The Level II Tubular Handling Technician will be responsible for performing tasks relating to product installation and assisting higher level technicians for higher training. Technicians will troubleshoot, repair, service and commission equipment while using various precision tools and test equipment. This position reports directly to the Field Coordinator.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Is able to perform installation, service and repair of various tubular handling equipment on drilling rigs.
• Rig up and rig down tubular handling equipment on customer's rig sites on rig moves with minimum assistance.
• Assists on surveys of drilling rigs to determine the required hardware configurations.
• Testing and troubleshooting hydraulic, mechanical and electrical component's utilizing schematics and blue prints.
• Can perform basic training to customers on proper utilization and maintenance of pipe handling equipment.
• Perform service and maintenance on the installed tubular handling equipment.
• Perform major overhauls on the various tubular handling equipment with minimum assistance.
• Has an intermediate understanding on how to utilize Flow meter, Multi-meter, Oscilloscope, Megohmmeter, and Process meter for testing equipment.
• Can perform inventory control of field equipment.
• Maintain compliance with safety standards, regulations, reporting and certifications.
• Perform proactive safety measures as necessary.
• Complete required paperwork, documentation and billing accurately and timely.
• Promote customer relationships and field sales of CANRIG products and services.
• Able to work efficiently with minimum supervision.
• Other duties as required.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS / WORKING CONDITIONS
• Walking or standing for long periods of time
• Bending or stooping
• Climbing stairs and/or ladders
• Lifting up to 50lbs
• Use of hand tools
• Operating a vehicle
Today, Nabors owns and operates the world’s largest land-based drilling rig fleet and is a leading provider of offshore platform workover and drilling rigs in the United States and numerous international markets. With operations in 28 countries, Nabors also provides directional drilling services, performance tools and innovative technologies throughout many of the most significant oil and gas markets. Leveraging our advanced drilling automation capabilities, Nabors’ highly skilled workforce continues to set new standards for operational excellence and transform our industry.
As of April 16, 2018, Nabors’ assets include:
- 407 land drilling rigs
- 31 offshore platform rigs