Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world's first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain.
BHGE helps its customers acquire, transport and refine hydrocarbons more efficiently, productively and safely, with a smaller environmental footprint and at lower cost per barrel. Backed by the digital industrial strength of GE, the company deploys minds, machines and the cloud to break down silos and reduce waste and risk, applying breakthroughs from other industries to advance its own.
People are a key part of our success and how we do business; hence, we invest in our 64,000+ employees in over 120 countries. Fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce is not just the right thing to do, but critical to achieving a competitive advantage.
This is your opportunity to learn more, do more, live the career you have imagined and be part of a truly diverse organization.
Baker Hughes, a GE company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more
Follow Baker Hughes, a GE company on Twitter @BHGECo, or visit us at BHGE.com. Role Summary:
The Engineering Manager - Europe Region is responsible for leading the Service Engineering department for the Europe region. The Engineering Manager is responsible for the execution of the regional service operations and growth plan as well as HSE excellence. Integrates and develops processes that meet business needs across the organization.Essential Responsibilities:
Considered to be a business partner and is involved in long-term planning. This role contributes to the overall strategy and manages complex issues within functional areas of expertise. This position reports functionally to the Global Engineering Manager for Subsea Services and operationally to the Europe Regional Subsea Services Leader.
- Superior responsibility for all engineering activities for the Services business in the Europe Region.
- Provide engineering leadership with clear technical accountability.
- Provide operational and strategic leadership to balance between short and long-term deliveries in line with budget and strategic commitments.
- Identify and implement key synergies to improve overall efficiency and execution.
- Liaise with customers either on or off site as necessary.
- Execute operation commitments and ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide support to Bid Management to ensure executable bids are proposed.
- Overall recruitment, resource and capacity management and planning for the department.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI) management and monitoring.
- Management for all direct reporting positions.
- Oversee design processes and quality within the department.
- Develop and improve the department's business processes.
- Drive Services Engineering team competence development.
- Ensure effective communication within the department including stakeholders in the Europe Region and overall Services Organisation, Customer and Global Engineering Organisations.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering from an accredited university or college or equivalent knowledge and experience.
- Knowledge of Subsea equipment.
- Highly experienced in managing people, motivating others and achieving results.
- Ability to effectively manage teams in a dynamic fast paced environment.
- Highly motivated with strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong knowledge of products required to deliver services solutions.
- Strong presentation skills
- Customer focused in defining quality and establishing priorities.
Applications from job seekers who require sponsorship to work in the UK are welcome and will be considered alongside all other applications. However, non-EU/EEA candidates may not be appointed to a post if a suitably qualified, experienced and skilled EU/EEA candidate is available to take up the post, as the employing body is unlikely, in these circumstances, to satisfy the Resident Labour Market Test. For further information please visit the UK Border Agency website