Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Define & document business / functional requirements for project activities - data extraction, profiling, cleansing, validation and presentation
- Work closely with the business users to define the business rules and standards for data profiling, cleansing and exception resolutions
- Develop profiling scripts based on the business rules defined
- Run data profiling on a periodic basis leveraging the profiling tools and produce data validation reports
- Analyze profiling results and refine data business rules to re-run profiling, validates and approved the data validation reports
- Manage the data profiling tracker and publish status of profiling activities on a periodic basis
- Identity verification process for data patterns and formatting of data, identify anomalies with data - inconsistent type, descriptions, values, duplicates etc., identify and address impacts on existing business processes and systems
- Understands the business domain including business needs and value of work
- Helps the Scrum Master & Product Owner in the ongoing management of the backlog, working ahead of the team to ensure that future product requirements are well defined
- Combines knowledge of business needs with knowledge of technical systems to negotiate minimally viable solutions with the team
- Coordinate with business users for performing manual cleansing as required
- Perform business validation of the data to ensure that it meets the business requirements, as well as the key success criteria.
- Perform technical data validation
- Defect Management
- Some domains like Material may requires the Business Data Analyst to support multiple sub-domains (e.g. Basic material, Supply Chain, Chemical & Dangerous Goods, Manufacturing, Finance, etc.)
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Desirable: MS in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology, Professional qualification in Computer Science
- Experience in creating database queries
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze datasets
- Work experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
- Good communication skills to communicate with customers, team members, external data providers, and management.
- Good skills in data administration and query design
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Pune India Technology Center (PITC) Schlumberger has embarked on a corporate transformation to deliver a step change in the reliability, efficiency and integration of our technologies, products and services. Advanced technologies are key enablers to this and encompass all aspects of business systems, including the organization platform and processes. Investments in, and building strong competences across, four technology pillars - Business Systems Operations (BSO), Governance and Architecture, Enterprise Solutions, Infrastructure Operations and SAP Program are key to an integrated digital organization that is positioned to deliver superior results. The Schlumberger Pune India Technology Center (PITC) has a fundamental and critical role in this corporate transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.