Skills: IT - Software Development
Education: Masters Degree
Location: Pune, Maharashtra, India
In order to apply for this position, applicants MUST meet the following criteria. If your resume does not match these criteria, you will not be able to apply for this position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, team playing spirit and strong analytical & problem-solving abilities.
- Analyses functional problems within the applications suite, conducts quality checks on incoming tickets and routes these appropriately, proposes solutions and involves the Application Manager if the problems affect business processes or core functionality of the system
- Understand the details application enhancement requirements from business users and converts the same into proper test cases.
- Participates in testing of application changes in line with recognised testing procedures.
- Should be able to debug the C# code.
- Should have good understanding of RDBMS.
- Completes the incident management processes and guarantee proper follow up
- Trains and coaches key users and end users in the correct use of the applications and the data contained in those applications.
- Consults key users about enhancements to applications and takes their feedback concerning key issues and redundancies
- Produces metric reports on incoming tickets, trends etc. Ensures that the defined KPIs and SLAs in place are met for ticket resolution
- Organizes ad-hoc ticket backlog resolution campaigns
- Operates within the Security operations standards and guidelines at all times.
- Ensure that the application(s) business and technical documentation are kept up-to-date
- Ensures that the applications support procedures are kept up-to-date
- Verifies and validates software compliance
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Good knowledge of MS Office Packages - especially Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Good working knowledge of SQL/Oracle.
- Understanding SSIS Packages.
- Willing to cross train into different functions applications per the need of the business.
- Knowledge of IT Service Management processes is a plus
Pune India Technology Center (PITC) Schlumberger has embarked on a corporate transformation to deliver a step change in the reliability, efficiency and integration of our technologies, products and services. Advanced technologies are key enablers to this and encompass all aspects of business systems, including the organization platform and processes. Investments in, and building strong competences across, four technology pillars - Business Systems Operations (BSO), Governance and Architecture, Enterprise Solutions, Infrastructure Operations and SAP Program are key to an integrated digital organization that is positioned to deliver superior results. The Schlumberger Pune India Technology Center (PITC) has a fundamental and critical role in this corporate transformation.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
A tradition of excellence and innovation
We’re the world’s leading provider of integrated pore-to-pipeline technology solutions to the oil and gas industry. We’re also a leading employer in our sector—with a reputation for hiring the best and the brightest people and keeping them at the top of their game through rewarding career-long development opportunities.
Each day, in 85 countries, we help our customers find and produce oil and gas in ways that demonstrate respect for both people and the environment. Today’s industry challenges call for new ideas, techniques, and solutions. If you want to drive your career and want to grow with a company that’s embraced new ways of thinking since 1927, we may have the career for you.
Schlumberger is ranked in the Global Top 10 in Rigzone's 2019 Ideal Employer Rankings.